Forum Discussion

7 years ago

suggestion: "disaster" sliders. fire,electric,emotion deaths.

I'm finding my sims game too simple. They go to work, they get romantic, they build a big house and have kids and...repeat. I get bored after two or three generations. Can we get an adjustment option for negative occurrences? Chances for fires, electrocution, burglary, job loss, severe emotion related doom, deadly illness and whatever else?

I feel I would be more interested in keeping a long-term family if I had things challenging me. In the original "The Sims" I had some desperate struggles not to lose my entire family to a Hamster. It was intense. I still remember it.

Of course, I understand not everyone wants to watch their Sim families suffer misfortune... so, just like aging, why not some likelihood sliders or toggles for these disastrous events? Give me some true-to-life struggles to work my little people through.

And yes, I do know about mods. They are great. That's not what I am looking to get out of this discussion, though.
  • You'd better post this in https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback
  • I've found adding some of the more negative lot traits help to spice things up, but I've noticed things really are kind of random. My first legacy family (I played them for over 20 generations) hardly saw an alien abduction or a random death other than old age. I started a new legacy family a while back, and a new save, and there have been so many random deaths, abductions, and an overall general increase in mayhem that I've been wondering if my old save was bugged.

Sims actually fail marriage Proposals (without having the noncommittal trait), electrocution is definitely on the rise in this save, I have NEVER had a sim laugh themselves to death until now, and I've lost a few to lightning strikes and cold. Needless to say, I will be sticking with this save because I find these experiences kind of thrilling. The danger of knowing my environment just might kill my sim, so I have to stay on my toes. But it does make me wonder if there was something amiss in my old save.

I'd be curious to know if new saves have a different "danger potential" for lack of a better word, than the older saves. It shouldn't, because anything that was adjusted with a patch should adjust in my old save too... (that is how it works, right?), but my experiences between the two saves seems to suggest otherwise.

Anyway, I'm all down for more mayhem, OP, so I'm with ya!
  • If you use the cursed lot trait it'll make it easier for disasters to happen.
  • I'm for this idea I want this to happen real bad that why everyone could get what they want from the game
    and I want more bad things to happen to my sims
  • "Sigzy05;c-16698302" wrote:
    If you use the cursed lot trait it'll make it easier for disasters to happen.

Hmmm -- now I want to add the Cursed trait to a couple of lots in Selvadorada. I'm sending two of my Sims there for a vacation after they reach the top of their current jobs, and maybe I can kill them off and leave the oldest son of one of them to raise his younger siblings (he's already an adult, one is a child and the other a toddler).