Forum Discussion

leo1225
Seasoned Newcomer
4 hours ago

It's the little things...

In my opinion, the Sims series has lost some detail in animations and character movement over the years, as well as how they interact with their environment. However, I appreciate that the game has added more complexities to the personalities of the Sims, showing the growth and evolution of the franchise. It's been exciting to experience a more robust relationship system, and I’ve only scratched the surface; I hope they continue to develop the trait system further.

That said, when it comes to interactions between different age groups, I feel there’s room for improvement. Many videos on YouTube showcase the detailed animations from the older Sims games, which brought the game to life but seem to be lacking in the current versions.

As for the pet packs, I believe they haven't lived up to expectations, despite how much pets enrich our lives in real life. I wish the Cats and Dogs expansion had more animations and interactions—how did we not even get a doghouse? I think the relationship system with pets could also use some work. For example, it would be fun if a pet could have a "favorite Sim" that it follows around, or if a pet that dislikes a certain Sim could chew up shoes or scratch/bite them.

I would love to see more social interactions and activities within their environment. Ideas like "sliding down the banister," "washing windows," "jumping on the bed," "digging for the TV remote," "light flaming bag of poop," "egging the neighbor's house," or even having a runaway teen concept would add to the gameplay. Additionally, elder Sims could benefit from being more forgetful, allowing for more expansive animations.

What types of animations from previous packs or new animations would you like to see? We have a pretty expansive catalog, and I would love for gameplay to be smoother with more options, rather than relying on Kits, Stuff, Gameplay, or Expansion packs. We need to enrich and improve what we already have.

No RepliesBe the first to reply