Forum Discussion

texclogz6h2k
Newcomer
8 days ago

Stranded on a random lot because of a fire.

I was bouncing from fishing location to fishing location by traveling to a random lot and looking for fishing signs. Because I had no interest in visiting the sims who lived there, I never knocked on the door to gain access. As my Sim is fishing, I get a notification that the lot I had traveled to was on fire. I can't call the fire department or extinguish the fire myself because I didn't get into the house before it caught on fire, but the owner of the house also won't call the fire department or extinguish the fire. I can't travel or take control of my other Sim on my lot because a fire is in progress. do I just have to wait this out until the house stops burning or is there something I can do to either put out the fire or leave? also, is there an easier way to access fishing locations without risking being trapped on someone else's lot? 

Sketch793
    Seasoned Adventurer

You could try Exit to Main Menu or Exit Game and do that without saving. Otherwise, I think you're stuck until the fire burns out. 

The easiest way to avoid the situation is to limit yourself to community lots and unoccupied residential lots.