Forum Discussion

DaWaterRat
Seasoned Adventurer
3 years ago

At what cost for Free Babies?

This is all hypothetical, and I'm not trying to upset people or coming down against free babies.

But

When it comes to freeing the babies, I'm sure there are a variety of ideas as to how it would happen, but I sometimes get the impression that several people expect to open their game after the "free babies" patch and just *poof* all the object babies are now sim babies. And while I don't mod, I do understand coding concepts, and I'm not convinced that the code can do that. So what if it can't? What if they can't just poof the baby out of the bassinette?

What "price" are you willing to "pay" for Free babies? Not in terms of money, but in terms of disruption to your saves to get them?

What if they simply add a new life stage between newborn and toddler, and reduce the object baby stage to something like 6 sim hours on Normal life span? Are you willing to accept object babies for half a day (or less) to get 2-3 sim days (normal lifespan) with free babies?

What if freeing the babies breaks saves? Are you willing to start over?

What if freeing the babies just deletes all existing babies in your save?

I personally think the first option is the most likely route for them to go, and I'd be okay with that. (I'd be even more okay if there was an option between aging up to toddler and freeing the baby so those who like object babies can keep them as such.) The only one I'd actually be upset about would be if they're just deleted. I start new saves all the time, so restarting if old saves are broken is no big deal for me. But that's me.