Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Game keeps freezing?

Has anyone else had an issue with game freezing/lagging since installing Get To Work? My computer runs the game fine but it keeps freezing when my sim goes to work. Any ideas? Will I just have go wait for a patch?
  • repairing the game probably wont fix it, that's just always the first thing I tried, LOL
    Maybe what rosemow said will work? I have this bookmarked in case I run into a problem when I get the expansion pack!

Oh, btw @catloverplayer I just LOVE your Easter Avi <3
  • "Tara0405;825073" wrote:
    Has anyone else had an issue with game freezing/lagging since installing Get To Work? My computer runs the game fine but it keeps freezing when my sim goes to work. Any ideas? Will I just have go wait for a patch?

mine freezes and lags a bit if i have the online access enabled. once i disable it, it stops with the lagging. been like that since the base game and other players have found turning off online access is the best trick. just turn it back on if you want to use the gallery
  • Thanks everyone. Seems to be all good now, I tried everything suggested.
  • My sims game just stops and freezes randomly and I have to restart the game and it still keeps freezing
    I have tried to restart the computer but that doesnt help...
    susanleona
    Rising Traveler
    Since the last patch, and I had removed the tray folder with the prior one and that fixed the lag then, but now it has been worse. Except that there is no rationale why in some lot saves it is so bad and it others it does not happen at all and they are played after the bad one and I did nothing to fix it. Sometimes a game save helps. My family was all in the red!
  • I've found that copying and pasting your mods/cc folder onto your desktop and then deleting it from the sims 4 folder, then copying and pasting it back removes a group of your cc and a certain amount of them are the problem.