Forum Discussion

OldeSimsFan
Seasoned Rookie
4 years ago

Give residence keys - why bother?

Yesterday as an experiment (as in this time monitoring results actively) I had sim A give residence keys to very best friend sim B, thinking it would make visiting easier. However:

Sim B has no keys in inventory, when visiting A still needs to knock on house door to get permission to come in. Isn't the idea of a key being able to let yourself in?

Sim A still needs to either invite B over and let in or agree to B's request to come over and let in. If B does come over on own, still needs to knock and be let in by A.

There is no change with keys having been 'given', so why bother with having the interaction? Interactions should actually have results, not be on more thing that's broken/messed up/useless.

To head the inevitable question off at the pass, this particular installation has both CC and MCCC mod. Have also seen it in my vanilla one, though.
    OldeSimsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    FatTribble23, I have a feeling you're right. And that it works only on the A side when it does.
    Brd709
    Seasoned Hotshot
    When my Sim Self’s first son left home, he gave him keys to the family home and he just turned up and walked in and sometimes while his mum and dad were asleep in the early hours.
  • One unexpected result of giving someone your residence keys is that they will also show up while you’re on vacation. I guess they just happened to be in the area.