Forum Discussion

11 months ago

How do you manage all your produce?

I use the ingredients for recipes but there’s still an excessive amount of produce. If I store too much in the fridge, it makes the menu so laggy when I click on it. It also clutters up the fridge with things that don’t need to be refrigerated and then it’s hard to see what I need when ordering groceries. I also think it’s weird that most produce doesn’t spoil, yet the Cottage Living stuff does, so I have to keep those in the fridge. We could really use a sort feature for the fridge inventory, I think. It doesn’t seem to organize things in any sensible order.

Now I generally have one sim do the gardening and cooking who keeps all the produce in their inventory. But this can make the game lag, too. So I try to keep 10 +/- of each ingredient (then I select all of the stack and then deselect what I want to keep, then sell what’s left) but they accumulate so fast during their growing season.

I noticed the nectar machine can pull ingredients from the refrigerator. I also noticed the new storage box that came with Horse Ranch and was disappointed the nectar machine didn’t pull from that. It would be nice to store all the produce in a chest like that but managing it manually is a pain.

Now maybe it’s just me, but I think it would be great if produce didn’t stay fresh forever, because then I would have to use it or get rid of it faster. It’s weird how the Cottage Living produce can expire but the other produce lasts forever. There’s no incentive to can non-expiring things (managing those jars is another thing!) except it does stretch the ingredients out more which is something I don’t need because I’m overflowing with ingredients.

How do you handle all this stuff? I’d be open to using mods that could help manage it. I searched for a mod that makes produce spoil but only found mods to keep food from spoiling.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago