Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Kids shouldn't be cleaning autonomously....

I posted a thread similar to this a couple years ago, but it seems like the devs didn't really care...So.....

This needs to stop.
When I was a kid, I don't recall EVER willingly washing the dishes, taking out the trash, or cleaning of my own free will. My parents would have to train me to do these things.
Why do the sim children do these things autonomously? It doesn't make sense. Parents should train their kids to clean, they shouldn't just do it on their own. In the real world, parents clean up after their kids, NOT the other way around
This is so annoying and immersion breaking. It also makes the game too easy.

Can we please stop having this annoying, unrealistic and immersion breaking autonomous action cancelled??

And yes, I am annoyed by this. I hate having to cancel my kids' actions when they attempt to take out the trash autonomously. I was actually so irritated that I exited out of the game and made this post.

Let kids be kids, not MINIATURE ADULTS. THANKS!!!!

Edit: And I'm not saying that all kids should be slobs. What I'm saying is that not all kids should autonomously clean, like they currently do in game. The only one who should clean autonomously are kids with the Neat or Proper traits.