Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Nanny vs. Butler

Hi! I currently have a butler, but I'm not exactly sure what butlers will do when it comes to childcare. I'm afraid to let my sim kids get super red to see what he'll do. I'm thinking about getting a mod to allow full time nannies, but I can't find a good comparison of exactly what a butler does for kids, vs. what a nanny does. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks!
  • My nanny is doing fantastic right now with both my toddler and baby. She even cleans. I've had good luck with the butler overall but don't recall how he interacted with children.
  • "aujineh;c-16309785" wrote:
    "GoddessSims;c-16308351" wrote:
    "aujineh;c-16307962" wrote:
    "GoddessSims;c-16307863" wrote:
    "paradiseplanet;c-16307856" wrote:
    "GoddessSims;c-16307854" wrote:
    Mine did but he was rather creepy. He seduced Candy and got her pregnant.

Did he take care of that baby too?

Yes he did. He would take care of the kids and then have his way with Candy.

Lmao, seems to me that since the poor innocent butler is not programmed to initiate any romantic actions, I would think it was Candy having her way with him. But it's easy to blame the poor butler. Well, I did try that once just to see if the butler would stay and take care of his kid and well yes, he stayed and was very attentive to his baby/toddler. When he started getting fat and the toddler became a child I would let her get him into the pool for a swim every day. But after the swim, he would always go get more drinks so he never lost any weight.

I have a mod that will allow for autonomous woohoo and works with service sims as well. It was the nanny that instigated it. Candy was in the kitchen baking when Cullen the nanny came into the kitchen and started talking to her. Next thing I knew she was following up the stairs. That wasn't the direction I was heading with that story-line but it did make it much more interesting than what I had planned. I love it when the game gives you things to work with. I wasn't able to finish out that story-line because I ended up losing my save folder but once I get my master save file all set up to play again, I'll be working towards that goal. Shinya and Candy produced some VERY cute kids!!! I'm glad I was able to recover my tray folder and I'm hoping I was smart enough to have saved the nanny because I edited him to be cute but he decided he was going to creepy...lol

https://i.imgur.com/7YNq2xj.png

Mmn mmn mmn, and to think I called him innocent! He looks very much the romantic culprit.

Yeah, there's just no innocent sim in my game.

• I don't have any butlers but my nannies do nothing. Usually the parents still have to take care of the kids and the nannies are just using our stuff or they are romancing the vampires in the family.
  • Nannys.. 1. Elderly lady who never left the house even when not working. Was constantly sleeping in the kids beds etc...
    2. Creepy old man with the evil Trait who was more interested in chatting with my happily married mother than looking after kids.
    3. Fun young man who was great with the kids but ignored the babies and tots.

Switched to butlers...
    1. Elderly. Did nothing. Died after 3 days.
    2. 2. Young eager to work. Died unexpectedly after 4 days.
    3. Same as 2.
    4. Died after 2 hours.

We now have parents who do all the child care themselves haha ?
  • I've had good luck with both so far. I use nannies in houses that don't have a butler - though sometimes I still hire a nanny just to get rid of a few more simoleans lol.
  • > @rika1431 said:
    > Does anyone's nannies actually take care of the babies? Mine never do!

About the only thing my nannies ever did was make food and watch TV. Although, I did have one who hooked up with his boss and is now somehow lingering in my game 3 generations later.