Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Randomizing Drama

Does anyone use a system to randomize drama in their game (besides through mods)? I’m getting close to trying something out with dice rolls. So far I have a few ideas written down and I am interested in what other people do! Or if you have ideas, do share.

(I know that a lot of people use MCCC Story Progression, but I don’t think I want to go this route for a few reasons. I don’t want to deal with updating mods every game update. I’ve seen some results from it that are just too crazy for me. I think I read somewhere that you can adjust the settings but I don’t know if I want to use it badly enough to waste time experimenting with what it does in my game. I also don’t like having extra notifications I have to read, and I want the final veto on what might happen)
  • So far, I haven't had to leave it up solely to my own imagination or even a roll of the dice. I do use Slice of Life, but I'm uncertain that it was responsible for what happened. My Sims all went of to Uni together. I had the four siblings and two friends from their neighborhood in the very same dorm. My Global Superstar Rocker, found himself totally in love (full friendship bar/full romance bar) with the two female friends. LOL What ensued next was easy. He couldn't choose.
  • "Sharonia;c-17676826" wrote:
    "babajayne;c-17676809" wrote:
    Thanks, @Sharonia
    I already have the families, I just want to insert a little drama here and there, otherwise I know I won’t do it on my own. Lol

I think she uses the wheel in her actual game play as well to determine lots of things like pregnancies, work stuff, relationships etc... I once started watching her Island Living let’s play and she was explaining it a bit more how it works there. I usually just make up drama in my head well I did in TS4 anyway. I’m playing the Sims 3 now and that seems to have it’s own dramas.

Are you using NRaas story progression or just the in-game settings? I have been thinking of going back to TS3 too... the drama has much bigger consequences there. It might not be very satisfying in TS4.
  • "GalacticGal;c-17676849" wrote:
    So far, I haven't had to leave it up solely to my own imagination or even a roll of the dice. I do use Slice of Life, but I'm uncertain that it was responsible for what happened. My Sims all went of to Uni together. I had the four siblings and two friends from their neighborhood in the very same dorm. My Global Superstar Rocker, found himself totally in love (full friendship bar/full romance bar) with the two female friends. LOL What ensued next was easy. He couldn't choose.

@GalacticGal Storytelling and story creation is definitely a strength of yours. I am ok at it but I need a little inspiration sometimes.
    I’m at the point where I’ve done a lot with my families and some characters have achieved so much, I don’t know what they should do next. So I figure if they should have an untimely death, it won’t be so bad at that stage of their life, I’d just be waiting for death by old age anyway. Or maybe an affair would bring some interesting results. The hows, whys, whos are easy for me to apply; but actually deciding to pull the trigger is the hard part for me.