Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Repairing climbing gear

How many times do you have to repair climbing gear to make it great again as i repaired it once and it said poor still or is it a glitch?
  • I believe it's a bug. My Sim's climbing gear is broken after I tried repairing it while quality said poor, and I tried like three times while broken and it doesn't change, even though it gives a notification saying it's repaired.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-SE-Climbing-Gear-not-repairable/m-p/9736791
  • ugh after i repaired it and used it for a while even tho it said poor it then changed to broken im confused need to be able to repair it
  • I haven't run into this yet but it looks like you could Throw Away your gear and buy a new set.
  • oh really what does it say for you when you repair it? also since i now set the naps to my liking i can def afford to its just weird that it said repaired
  • "Sketch793;c-17730587" wrote:
    I haven't run into this yet but it looks like you could Throw Away your gear and buy a new set.

it looks like the gear is only good for one rock climbing session, for me it becomes broken after i remove it and unable to repair it so spending 450 every time i want to send my sim rock climbing
  • "DizzyDi34;c-17736200" wrote:
    "Sketch793;c-17730587" wrote:
    I haven't run into this yet but it looks like you could Throw Away your gear and buy a new set.

it looks like the gear is only good for one rock climbing session, for me it becomes broken after i remove it and unable to repair it so spending 450 every time i want to send my sim rock climbing

I guess it's good that the Sim I wish to send rock climbing is uber rich. He's a Global Superstar who achieved this status when he was all of seventeen. He's now about twenty-five and going strong. Yeah, I'm of the opinion to just chuck the old gear and replace it. Why take the risk?
  • "DizzyDi34;c-17730594" wrote:
    oh really what does it say for you when you repair it? also since i now set the naps to my liking i can def afford to its just weird that it said repaired

I finally had some climbing gear break while my Sim was on a mountain climbing excursion. She removed the gear so she could repair it, but it stayed broken and she couldn't put it back on. Next time, I'll just leave it on until she gets home. Once the event was over, she went home and tried to repair it again. When that failed, I followed my own advice and threw it away so she could buy another set.

Paying for the gear is easy. My sim started with less than $350, she's just reached the end of her second week, she's never had a job, but she currently has about $35K in cash. She bought a Stack of Gifts the first day, so she Sneaks a Present and Opens a Present whenever she has time and sells most of her gifts. After opening presents, she always adds a couple presents to keep the stack filled and then puts it in her inventory to make sure nobody (including herself) puts a prank present in the stack. That's one easy way to get money but there are lots of others.