Forum Discussion

6 years ago

The nastiest curse in ROM

Yesterday my spellcaster's potion-brewing went wrong and he became cursed. It was called "Curse of Uncleansable Stench". It makes a sim's hygiene need bar always low (so he'll always have bad moodlet), and to make matters worse it causes him to leave green stinky puddles behind! I think it's the nastiest curse ever! I had already seen the Curse of Repulsiveness, Curse of Uncontrollable Charge and Curse of Unwarranted Hostility, and they were far not so annoying! :# Actually, I even liked the first one and didn't want to get rid of it... But this one! My sim was stinking, his mood was awful and all his house was full of green stinky slime he had to wash so it wouldn't overflow! In the magic realm, Morgyn was following him with a mop, washing floor after him and showing disgust.

So... In your opinion, what is the nastiest curse in this pack? :wink:
  • "Brinn;c-17262196" wrote:
    "davidsara;c-17262189" wrote:
    Curse of Unwarranted Hostility is probably the singular WORST curse, not only is it disruptive to the point its irritating, not only is the friendship drop incredibly annoying but the worst part is if you have the get famous installed, you end up with a very bad reputation in a matter of minutes if you get caught in a fight chain :/

Lol, my introvert sims didn't even notice this curse... Well, maybe they were involved in a few fights before they were able to cure.

made a new sim to toy with RoM, got this curse within my first potion fail (2nd try basically) and i went from neutral reputation to incredibly bad within one sim day because of all the fights that kept chaining ><
  • What is the best way to try to get a curse on you? Is it more the cauldron? Do you need to just be experimenting or actually making a brew
  • "davidsara;c-17262255" wrote:
    "smurfy77;c-17262252" wrote:
    What is the best way to try to get a curse on you? Is it more the cauldron? Do you need to just be experimenting or actually making a brew

make potions, possibly uninspired usually gets me cursed but the fastest way to get cursed is to just spam duels

Time to go do these, thank you!
  • "To7m;c-17262397" wrote:
    "smurfy77;c-17262256" wrote:
    "davidsara;c-17262255" wrote:
    "smurfy77;c-17262252" wrote:
    What is the best way to try to get a curse on you? Is it more the cauldron? Do you need to just be experimenting or actually making a brew

make potions, possibly uninspired usually gets me cursed but the fastest way to get cursed is to just spam duels

Time to go do these, thank you!

When a potion fails you’ll get a potion called ‘questionable contents’ it’ll give you a curse if you drink it.

—T

It took me a few tries, got about 4 curses then I finalllllly got the one of the stalker!!! :)
  • "smurfy77;c-17262252" wrote:

Do all of the above. I wanted my Sim to get to max Spellcaster quick so I kept casting spells, making potions, dueling with others, etc. well past overcharged. Just be sure to have another Sim in your household with a bunch of Death Flowers. Familiars are supposed to stop death but I think there might be a limit to how often they can intervene. My Sim died and got lots of curses from from performing spells, potion making, dueling, etc. while charged/overcharged but I just gave a Death Flower, the Sim was revived and I'd have them perform more magic. It was fun!

GrumpyGlowfish
    Seasoned Newcomer
    That Night Wraith curse sounds intriguing. I understand the sim can't sleep because they're always woken up by the night wraith, but is it possible to keep their energy up through other means (like coffee, energy drinks), or does it always magically drop, like hygiene when you have that... other curse that I don't want to talk about?

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs &amp; Kits.33,078 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago