Forum Discussion

bruceleroy98
New Rookie
3 years ago

What crime and consequences would you like to see implemented in the game?

I would like see robberies occur at retail stores and restaurants and anywhere money is kept.

I also would like to see a sim version of homicide and maybe a justice system implemented either official or by the npc citizens.

It would be cool to become wanted and worry if close friends will give you up or ambush you to bring you to justice for killing sims.

What do you all think?
  • "Bren91;c-18164070" wrote:
    It’s not even the burglars or crime aspect missing from the game as much as just negative consequences or actions that have an impact on gameplay or the sims lives. A negative mood let for a few sim hours or day and then just forgetting about what happened as if it never did and having it not impact the game play in any other way is what’s wrong in my opinion. Even if we get burglars in the game it won’t matter if the sims just gets frightened for a bit or angry and then acts like it never happened. The creative team behind the sims 4 I don’t think thought about this enough and realized the impact of having no consequences to negative actions of the sims were that important and how it would effect the game in a negative way. When they realized this, in my opinion they should have gone back to the drawing board and began creating the sims 5 as soon as possible and the sims 4 should have been the most short lived in the series but instead it’s the longest yet. Which is another mistake because fans aren’t stupid and are catching on to you just want to milk this for all it’s worth and give players hope that your going to fix a game that was born too broken to begin with not just the game but the whole idea and concept itself behind it. When what you should’ve done instead of trying to fix it or overhaul it, you should have just let it live 5 years tops and in the meantime have a bigger creative time putting the sims 5 together, which I think if they would have done would have been out by now. I mean I don’t know maybe they have been working on the 5th game this whole time but it just seems like their putting way too many resources into this game instead of learning from their mistakes and trying to overhaul this game. create a new system and throw everything that did work into this game such as CAS, creative building tools, graphics, animations, in my opinion the game looks better than it’s ever looked and when you see it, you want to play it but when you do there’s not much depth. So take what worked with this one which would be the look of it and creative building tools and implement that into the next version while focusing more on the depth of the game and create a system where there’s more than just moods but actual consequences to their actions for them and other sims around them that effect their storyline and gameplay. Implement their A.I with a memory system, a log of all the good and bad, the impressions it left. A game from almost twenty years could do it (The Sims 2) and I bet compared to todays A.I and technology it just scratched the surface of what the sims could truly be today. in my opinion there’s no excuse for not better A.I with the sims, consequences to their actions while also being a pretty game too boot. With all the same creative tools this sims 4 has. Will it take more money and more resources and work to create a better game? Yeah. Will it be worth it? Ask the fans. Better yet.. watch the cash flow come in like it never has. It’s still not too late but I guarantee there’s fans out there that probably know a thing or two about creating games and may have already started trying to create a perfect life simulation game where all this is possible. So if I were them I’d be worrying less about this game unless the creators decide to do a complete game overhaul which I’m sorry but they would have to basically rewrite all the codes and make emotions not the main theme of the sims 4 anymore which wouldn’t make sense. They need to see the 5th game as a huge opportunity to make it right this time and see it as an investment. But yes take their time on it and not rush it. Which wouldn’t surprise me if they are doing now but I’m just saying they should have began this process soon after this game came out. They should have known the games basic concepts were not good compared to the other versions that had way more depth. Sometimes it’s better to admit failure, let go and start again then to keep trying to force something you know isn’t going to work.

I think that the devs realized that changes to the existing installment of the Sims is still quite profitable and that development on those changes would be paid for by fans. I do hope that the next installment of the Sims will be full of lessons learned but I'm hopeful that they do all that they possibly can with the Sims 4 while the Sims 5 is in development.

I hope that they implement a fun consequence system soon. Imagine having to go to court for crimes and then get jail time that you would serve in a non rabbit hole fashion.
  • "Bren91;c-18164073" wrote:
    In my opinion the sims 5 main theme should be all about actions and consequences with lively more in depth personalities. That is what the fans truly want that is what will sell.

I think the Sims 5 should be free roaming open world gameplay with the largely requested multiplayer feature. But we will see...back to the consequences discussion..
  • "Bren91;c-18164082" wrote:
    I would like to see consequences big and small. I would like to see the consequences effect different sims in different ways compared to more in depth personalities they should have. For example a hopeless romantic sim who gets cheated on by their spouse may have a much harder time trusting their next lover or have thoughts or worries about them cheating again. Where as a sim that is a “Player” may just be hurt because they feel “Played” instead of doing the playing. And would get over it much quicker and would have what would be called a minor life impression. Where as the hopeless romantic it would have what should be called a lasting impression or life long lasting impression. Their should be a log or memory system where this is kept for each individual sim and it should effect their relationships with other sims and how they go about their daily lives. This of course should be the next sims game which would be the 5th one. And this should be the games main selling point and focus, instead of “Emotions”. It should be “Impressions”. There should be minor impressions, long impressions, and life long impressions. And their should be good and bad ones that effect a sims life and personality over time. In my opinion this would make endless hours of gameplay with endless possibilities of updates to their personalities and consequences to their actions. A good impression would be a sim who is a little more reserved than most maybe with a socially awkward trait And a sim their attracted too flirts with them or makes a big kind gesture and it effects their impression log. Which effects how they view that particular sim and other sims around them. Like the impressions effect may leave a minor impression for the socially awkward sim to have more confidence and make them short term feel well liked or want to do something socially daring they wouldn’t normally do. Or say this socially awkward sim also has An erratic trait it might effect the sims impression of the other sim as the greatest best sim they have ever known and may cause them to constantly think about that sim that flirted with them or made a nice gesture. And because that sim is erratic they may now have a long life impression of that particular sim where they can’t stop thinking or talking about that sim and it it’s like an unhealthy obsession for them because the erratic trait they have as well. Where if it was just the socially awkward trait it wouldn’t have effected their personality that way but because of them also having unstable emotions it’s caused them to become obsessed and effects their impression log on a medium to high level. There’s lots of ideas that could go along with this that I think players could have a lot of fun with. That have to do with mixing personality traits for different reactions and outcomes as well as also it leaving imprints on their lives.

I think they should implement these life influences in this version of the sims as they are certainly on the way to doing so with their recent additions.
  • I think some crime-themed CAS content could be added as well, such as teardrop and spider web tattoo, Glasgow Smile scar
    SheriSim
    Rising Hotshot
    "Bren91;c-18164073" wrote:
    In my opinion the sims 5 main theme should be all about actions and consequences with lively more in depth personalities. That is what the fans truly want that is what will sell.

If would be nice if we could choose the consequences though……
    ChadSims2
    Seasoned Novice
    "Draganere;c-18159838" wrote:
    I would like to see more also. It would be good if Sims could steal from school, like books and other Sims' possessions. I remember in Sims 2 the leaving a restaurant without paying as well.. I miss that feature. I'd love to see stealing fruit from other Sims'gardens as well, would be good for jealous gardeners in my opinion lol ?

Now in Sims 4 when you leave without paying your charged when you leave the lot.

I really don't expect to see any crime added in Sims 4 robbers were excluded I think even stealing candy from a baby would be to triggering for the Sims team to add with their current direction of this game. But ignoring crime not existing in this game the major issue with Sims 4 everyone is so happy had a couple have a fight having them divorce the second I stopped controlling them they were chatting it up best friends as if nothing had just happened. But I'm all for crime within the game rating seeing as this is a life simulator GTW missed out on a huge chance to add to the game overall locking all of the criminal game play to a hidden lot though that pack failed in so many ways such a wasted good theme.
    RySBI
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I know this won’t happen because of the age rating but I’d love it if we could get our sims to kill each other. Dark, yes, but great for storytelling.

Then if your killing sim gets caught they get rabbit holed away to prison like when kids get taken to military school.
  • Harvesting crops from someone else's lot should come with a consequence - ideally a risk of becoming a Plantsim.

(Growing and grafting to get the good plants takes weeks of work. Sauntering in to harvest someone else's death flower or cowplant berry seems like sheer naughtiness)