Forum Discussion

zeneta123
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

7/29/2024

My game is still broken. 
I’ve deleted my local thumb cache, moved my Mods, updated the mods, went through my entire cc folder and updated that. I found that game play completely vanilla is decent but not perfect. In the vanilla save it’s smoother moving through loading screens, the UI isn’t glitching, which is great but I’m a player that likes cc and mods. As much joy I found it wasn’t my main save file with mods and cc. I don’t want to be forced to play like that, so I put my cc back (no mods), the game had a weird glitching ui when you open the game and go to its gallery. 

Clicking around and messing with the gallery it seemed to correct itself. I first go to the vanilla save file and play there and nothing is wrong. The ui is responding, it’s not lagging, but I’m spamming the save button almost every interaction. I nervously go to my main save with cc sims. In that save file I send them on vacay. I noticed multiple times I would get a notice about paying my bills and having 0 hours to pay, but when I check the phone or mail box I don’t see an option to pay. Then my sims were paid from their jobs often, it seemed to me twice a sim day? But regardless the game is handling itself okay. I placed a bunch of new lots in Sulani prior and that didn’t break my game like when the patches came out. Until I get home with a newly aged teen sim, I go to make over her room, and I didn’t run into a issue where I go to build something and my cursor is stuck on the item. I can’t sell it, change it to another item. To get unstuck I have to constantly switch between build and live mode. That became relevant when I tired to fix another part of the house, placing collectibles on an accent table. But I can’t move the items without it disappearing, can’t sell, can’t do anything. Until it freezes between switching between build and live. I panic and go to save ands now it’s been at least 20 minutes staring at the saving icon. Thank god I had the sense to save a few sim minutes earlier because I’m paranoid. 

P.s. I don’t know if this helps but I’ve seen a lot of creators with a Mac and I don’t have one. It’s a Alienware gaming laptop. I also updated my game to that directX 11 a while back too. 

No RepliesBe the first to reply