Forum Discussion

meowtronn
Rising Newcomer
10 days ago

Sims 4 game won't launch

I play on a mac and at the moment when I try to open the sims 4, either through clicking the app icon on my dock or clicking 'play' through the ea app, it won't open. I click it and the sims 4 ea app icon bounces as if it's going to open but then it doesn't and the ea app pops back onto screen. I've tried doing 'app recovery' for the ea app, i've tried repairing the game and I've removed all mods and CC and nothing has worked. 

• meowtronn wrote:

I play on a mac and at the moment when I try to open the sims 4, either through clicking the app icon on my dock or clicking 'play' through the ea app, it won't open. I click it and the sims 4 ea app icon bounces as if it's going to open but then it doesn't and the ea app pops back onto screen. I've tried doing 'app recovery' for the ea app, i've tried repairing the game and I've removed all mods and CC and nothing has worked. 

No need to uninstall the EA App for a game related issue such as this. Have you tried a completely clean Sims 4 folder? Move to the Desktop, or rename, the Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts then launch the game. Does it launch to the main menu and can you start a new save? It should be like new as the game has created a new Sims 4 folder with none of your user data loaded into the game.

meowtronn
    Rising Newcomer

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ea app but nothing :(