Forum Discussion

brayleighms
Seasoned Newcomer
2 days ago

Delay between click

Ever since the Sept update my game has been very glitchy and lagging. When I click on objects and other sims there is a huge delay before the actions actually come up and some of the actions just do not work or when they are almost finished with the action it glitches and they do the tpose and just stand there and it doesn't finish the task. I've updated mods, deleted mods, and tried the game without ANY mods and the problem is the same. 

zephmeller12
    Seasoned Newcomer

I am experiencing this as well. 

I reinstalled the game. I then even started a new save file. things were different but still massive lag and sometimes they would get stuck with a to do and can't move. 

brayleighms
      Seasoned Newcomer

Thank you, yes it is very annoying as I would like to play my old saves. 🙏

• brayleighms  Does this happen in a new save?  Please test for comparison's sake and let me know.  Part of why I ask is that while there are a few interesting errors in your dxdiag, there's nothing that points to an obvious issue with Sims 4.

If the new save is fine, try loading the old save again and emptying your sims' inventories.  If that doesn't help, move them to a different lot, preferably one with a default EA-made house (nothing from the Gallery or your own library).  You don't need to save your progress; this is just for testing.

zephmeller12  Did you test brand-new sims in a default EA-made house?  If not, please do so now—some user-made lots are broken, even ones that used to work fine.  Some sims have issues too.

If you still get lag, please provide a dxdiag as well.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

brayleighms
      Seasoned Newcomer

puzzlezaddict 
      Thank you for the quick reply, on a new sim/save it works perfectly. However, on old saves, the delay is still present.

I tried removing everything from the inventory, and moving households, but no luck there. Any suggestions are appreciated!!