Forum Discussion

hburrage16
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

EA wont launch Sims game after 07/23 update

It's been 2 very long, exhausting days of uninstalling and reinstalling the EA app, the sims game and trying to repair the game and app. I've tried every recommended solution out there and have completely deleted the mods and CC off my computer (RIP.) Nothing will load or open, the screen shows I've played today when I haven't. Friends on steam and EA both see I'm actively in Sims4 playing but I get sent back to the EA home screen in the app instead of the game. Restarting computer, deleting everything cache related, etc is not working. Send help, i'm going crazy here. I didn't even preorder Lovestruck because this update completely broke my game. 

• I don't know but is it possible your account is hacked? I had this when I was playing WOW once. My son saw I was online and playing but I couldn't get into my game. I don't know if this is possible with an EA account. 😞

hburrage16
    Seasoned Newcomer

not hacked, i changed my password this morning because EA kept saying invalid credentials even though I was inputting the correct password. The app must need major updates along with the Sims game needing extensive patch fixes. I'm highly disappointed being i JUST spend a good deal of money buying a ton of DLCs and i cant even play them

• hburrage16  If you haven't already, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other user content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to this new folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If that doesn't or didn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Adriannasims3
    Seasoned Newcomer

I am also having this problem! And I am a vanilla player so Idk. Hopefully they fix soon. I just spent 40$ on the new pack...