Forum Discussion

LondonRihanna
Seasoned Newcomer
9 days ago

Infinite Loading Screen

Hello, I've been experiencing infinite loading screens since July with the Lovestruck update, I haven’t received feedback from that post—however, the issue is still occurring with this new update. I’ve been looking through threads to see how to fix it, but yet there’s still nothing. I play with a modded game, I’ve just (just now) removed everything from the folders, (mods, tray, saves) and opened a new game with newly generated folders, which I’ve been doing before. I’ve run a DxDiag report and it says there’s no problems found. As of now, im starting my game with just cc and smaller mods.

LondonRihanna
    Seasoned Newcomer

Update: I've tried opening my game and I couldn't make it to the main menu. The plumbob disappeared and stayed stuck on the first loading screen.

• LondonRihanna  Did you ever move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts?  If not, please do so now, and don't add anything (saves, mods, Gallery items, etc.) to the new folder.  Test a new save first and see how it goes.  If it's fine, you can copy over an existing save and test that too, still with no mods or custom content.

If that doesn't or didn't help, I'd like to see your dxdiag.  You can attach the full report, saved as a .txt file, to a reply here.  Use the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting options.