Forum Discussion

15o900
Seasoned Newcomer
21 hours ago

Invalid game license The Sims 4

Hi!

I'm having a frustrating issue with The Sims 4. Every time I try to start the game, I get the message "invalid game license." I've tried a few solutions, but nothing seems to work.

What I've done:

• Update Microsoft Visual C++
  • Update graphics drivers
  • Clear the EA App cache
  • Uninstall and reinstall The Sims 4 and the EA App
  • Perform a clean boot

Can anyone help me?

• i'm having the same issue since updating the game yesterday, hope someone can shed some light on this

• tons of us are having the same problem, this is riduculous. 

nothing works!

• 15o900 gg1301  Please make sure the EA App is closed and not running in the Task Manager, not even any related process in the background services list.  Do the same for Steam if you use it.

Hit Windows key-R, enter %programdata% in the run box, open Electronic Arts > EA Services, and move the License folder to the desktop.  Then try again to play.

If this doesn't help, please let me know whether a new License folder gets created, and if so, whether there's a new file inside.  I'd also like to know how many files are in the License folder you moved and how many other EA games you have installed.  Try to launch one or two of them as well, if you have any.

gg1301
      Newcomer

i've tried that and still no luck.
      there is no new license folder.
      there were 3 files in the moved license folder (71530.dlf, 1019521.dlf, 1025169.dlf - if that helps)
      i have 3 other EA games installed and they all have the same game license issue when trying to run

15o900
      Seasoned Newcomer

I have already tried this, but there are no files in the EA Services folder. I tried repairing the game, but the folder did not return. I don't have any other games in EA.

• gg1301  Does it help to run the EA App as an admin?  Right-click the desktop shortcut and select "Run as administrator."

Do your other EA games work if you restore the License folder?

Separately, can you play any of these games in a new admin Windows account, with the License folder removed?  Make it local, as in, don't link it to your Microsoft account.

Finally, what antivirus do you use?

15o900
      Seasoned Newcomer

My account is already an administrator account, and I also run the EA App as an administrator. I use McAfee antivirus.