Forum Discussion

jacobhudson1993
Rising Newcomer
2 days ago

My Sims aren't listening

I started a new save for the Reaper's Rewards and it was working fine. By week three, my sims aren't doing anything. Anytime I click on an action, it just disappears and nothing happens. Anytime I can get them to do something, like sit down, it lags horribly. I can't split the household, build is laggy, and I can't complete the Reward weeks. About a week ago, while trying to exit the game, it froze on the saving screen and I had to shut my pc down which has happened one other time since then. I'm not using MODs, any ideas? 

• jacobhudson1993  Does the same thing happen if you play a different household within this save?  What about a new save?  Please test and let me know.  I'm not saying you need to abandon your current sims, only that this is a useful test.

jacobhudson1993
      Rising Newcomer

I tried a different household and was able to do stuff like normal. Build is still really laggy and when I went to save it got stuck again.

• jacobhudson1993  Is a new save affected too?  Please test if you haven't already; I'm not sure from you reply whether the different household was in the same save or a new one.

If a new save is affected too, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.