Forum Discussion

caitlinxrose
Newcomer
21 hours ago

Newest Update (10/22) Broke My Game AGAIN...

Of course every single update literally destroys my game and I have to spend hours biweekly deleting and re-adding mods, repairing EA files, and clearing caches. For a game that costs literally hundreds of dollars, it requires more maintenance than my car.

Most recently, the "required gamebreaking update" from yesterday has done this to all menus: 

This just re-affirms my decision to let Sims 4 be the last version of this game I spend my money on. EA is obviously a bad company, but it seems at this point they do it on purpose by force pushing broken events (i.e. Reapers Rewards making the game unplayable for weeks at a time) to increase the metrics on hours played when the hours are spent moving things to desktop so we can fix their middle-school era coding.

Anyone have a recommendation for good alternatives to Sims available on PC? I'm definitely more of a build/buy girlie than an actual playing one.

• I am having the same issues! EVERY SINGLE TIME! I updated the mods that are already available and fixed but NONE of my build items are showing up. It seems as though my other mods are working besides my build cc. Truthfully, I am also more of a build and buy girlie so I don't really mind having to wait for the other mods. I just want to be able to build. After all the money I have spent on this game it is getting very frustrating. Inzeo needs to come out already. It is an even more realistic version of the sims. It took me a while to get the hang of building in the sims so to learn another game will take some time lol.

• Updating MODs is just part of using them. 

If you don't want to bother maintaining the mods you use, then don't use them or you will have these struggles Every Game Update. 

Also, if you use mods and then remove them because a game update broke them, depending on the mods, you may not be able to continue your save game and will have to start over with a new game. 

This is just the nature of Modding software.