Forum Discussion

5 hours ago

Not the same CAS problem.

My problem is what happens when I get into CAS. I can twirl me Sims about make them older or younger or change their voices and so on, but there's nothing over there on the right side to change their clothes or makeup etc. When I click on them all I get is the camera icon.

Mods are off, and nothing but config in the mods folder. 

Deleted the thumbnail package.

Repaired the game (it always totally flabbergasts me how many things I've bought for this game).

This is the first time I have had anything but self-inflicted mods problems with my game before.

• PatheticaAttempt  Please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily unread by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see whether CAS works.

• Thank you so much.  Your instructions were clear and, obviously by the smile on my face, just ever so effective. I am so inordinately happy to be able to play again although when starting all the welcome screens popping up and having to be clicked to close reminded me again just how much this game has cost me. 

• PatheticaAttempt  Does this happen with all sims, including those in a new save?  Or are only some affected?  Please test if you haven't already.

Please also try switching to windowed mode in the graphics options.  That wouldn't help directly with the missing options, but I'm wondering if the camera icon you see when clicking the sims is the problem, i.e. you're not getting the option to select their outfit rather than the clothing isn't loading.

• Am in windowed changed to fullscreen windowed and fullscreen same thing happens.

Sims from saved game - new sims for new game - premade sims in new game. Same thing everywhere.

It's the regular pointer until I click on the Sim and then I get the camera. 

• PatheticaAttempt  Please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily unread by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see whether CAS works.

• That worked. Now when I click on the Sim the stuff pops up on the right side of the screen.

• PatheticaAttempt  Great, now you can move your saves and other content from the old Sims 4 folder to the new one.  You'll want saves, Tray files (saved households and builds), perhaps Screenshots and Recorded Videos, and the UserSettings.ini file (login rewards).  The rest can be discarded.