Forum Discussion

SianneShep
Newcomer
3 hours ago

September 2024 update failing to install

I was on holiday when the new stuff packs and update were released and have tried to install them today.

The packs downloaded without issue, but the base game update is failing constantly.

I have followed the help page advice to clear the EA App cache, but this has made no difference.

Can anyone advise how I can get this sorted, please?

Thank you.

• SianneShep  Try repairing the game instead.  Clear the EA App's cache first, again.  The option to repair is under Sims 4 > Manage.  A repair would give you a fully-updated game.

If this doesn't help, would it be a burden to reinstall the game?  I would actually suggest you NOT uninstall, in case the reinstall process is broken too.  If you have the space, you could simply rename the Sims 4 folder that contains the game's program files, tricking the App into thinking it's no longer present.  You'd need to close the App and kill the EABackgroundProcess in the Task Manager first, and this only works if your computer has enough space.

If you do have the space and reinstalling wouldn't be too difficult, create a new folder on the root level of the drive of your choice, e.g. C:\Games, NOT C:\Program Files\Games, and install Sims 4 there.