Forum Discussion

TrackGirly
Newcomer
4 hours ago

Sims 4 Constantly Crashing After 9/18/24 Update.

Since this "update", my game is basically unplayable. and definitely not playable without MCCC's autosave function. I can play anywhere from 5-30 minutes before the game crashes. Usually in live mode, but does happen in build/buy, CAS, and the map. I will sometimes get a lastCrash report, but not really sure what to do with that and not sure why only sometimes. I have tried: repairing it MULTIPLE times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have moved the sims 4 folder from the EA folder and tried playing on a completely new game. This happens with or without mods/cc, as I have tried with the mods folder removed many times now. My system requirements match up from what i can tell. 

When it crashes it will either just close out of the game and send me to my desktop, or it will freeze my computer and i have to shut it down manually. OR it will send me to an error reloading screen and completely restart my computer. This seems to happen at random times. I've tried seeing if certain actions might be causing it, but even if I load up a game and just leave it paused long enough it will still crash. I have tried every suggestion I have seen. Deleted the localThumbnail cache, nothing is in the ConfigOverride Folder. I have tried using dx 9 and 11, same results. I will add my most recent lastCrash file, but the game has crashed multiple times after that, it just didn't document it? i am also currently trying without and mods or cc for this file. I also think i properly ran the DxDiag, so i will attach that as well. Thanks for any help.. 

No RepliesBe the first to reply