Forum Discussion

Vennce
New Novice
2 months ago

Sims 4 not launching properly

Since the Lovestruck patch update, my game has been behaving strangely.. As in, I can't even play it.

When I try to start my game through the EA app, it appears to have launched even though it clearly hasn't. It shows up in my task manager as a background process for some reason, but I can't see the actual game nor switch to the tab. 

I took out my mods folder too so it couldn't be faulty CC, restarted my computer, repaired the game on the EA app twice, deleted the cache and all that -- but so far, nothing seems to work. If anyone has some more tips, or just info on wether it's even an issue from my end or from EA, it would be much appreciated. Because I'm seriously lost here :(

Vennce
      New Novice

I did come across something weird while I was testing all of this, trying to launch the game from its exe instead of the EA app. It's telling me up update my game from the 'Game Hub'? There is no visible update. I've already tried to update the EA app itself plus everything else I mentioned before. So far, everything I've tried gave me no results. But this popup is a bit odd, which I'm assuming is also what's preventing me from playing in the first place. That said, I have no idea how to fix it seeing that I have no more updates to run...

At this point I tried everything from re-installing EA to repairing windows itself, and I'm still getting that very same error. I'm not sure where the game hub even is, as the app isn't giving me any tips on where to go either.

• Vennce  As a test, please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other user content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If you still can't play, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) button included with the other formatting buttons.

Vennce
      New Novice

Hello! Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately even after taking out my Sims 4 Folder, the game won't start up even though it weirdly shows as 'already running' on EA. It also creates no new game folder, it just stays empty.

I did run a dxdiag like you said, which will hopefully be attached to my reply if I've done everything correctly ^^