Ideas

ddduckyyy
New Spectator
2 months ago
Declined

live mode completely unusable since lovestruck patch

Since the lovestruck patch my sims cannot complete ANY action in live mode except "go here". Any other action begins but either A) immediately cancels, or B) goes on indefinitely (i.e. peeing forever). If I tell a sim to sit on the couch they will stand still but the action menu on the bottom left will say they are sitting. If I make them talk to another sim they will walk up to the sim and the action menu will say "chat with" but they will never speak, just stand in place. They are NOT frozen, the idle animations will play and continue to loop forever, but they will not actually complete the actions.

I do not have any mods or cc so this is just a problem with the game itself. I have one friend who also has the exact same issue since the lovestruck patch. The game is completely unplayable outside of CAS or build mode. Live mode is completely useless. I've repaired the game, uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared the cache and other user data, but nothing works. I've tried old saves and completely new ones. I've tried everything -- the sims do NOT work at all. 

• have you managed to find a solution? i've had the same problem since the update and every time i speak to an EA rep they say that they'll report the issue to the team but i never hear back ... spending £100s on a game and i can't even play it at all

ddduckyyy
      New Spectator

Hi yes!!! So I was able to determine that it was just a couple of my packs (not mods, actual packs in the game) that were broken and causing this. For me it was Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness Stuff, Throwback Fits, and Courtyard Oasis. However, my friend who also had this issue had a different assortment of packs that were broken so you'll have to 50/50 them yourself unfortunately. I physically removed the folders pertaining to each pack and designated them as safe or broken doing 50/50s (if you've ever had a broken mod you'll be familiar with the process. If not I recommend looking up a tutorial!). I did this in a random "testing" save with a base game sim in Willow Creek to avoid errors. Once I figured out which packs were broken I completely deleted their files and reinstalled them fresh. Doing a "repair" in the EA App didn't fix them, I had to completely uninstall them from my system and reinstall. Luckily this doesn't lose any of your progress in-game since it's just the packs and not your save data. I really hope this helps!!! Good luck 👍 👍 

• I have this same problem in live mode after the patch. My sims will just stand around and the animations for actions won't play, but sometimes the action does complete, for example a painting will be ready in a few seconds. This happens straight away once I load a save. Also in my case the sims' thought bubbles will go through different icons very rapidly sometimes. I have repaired and refreshed game files, moved out all mods, cleared cache files and tested on a fresh save. The game is totally unplayable as of now.

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 7 days ago