Ideas

somethinglaura
New Spectator
27 days ago
Under Investigation

Off the grid lot challenge keeps lot from loading/ Error 109:f967dc7f

*edit: I've finally been able to fix this by deleting the off-the-grid trait off my lot. Hopefully this will get fixed soon*

I've just finished the update and am now unable to load the household I've been playing with. 

I can open the initial home screen but the game won't load after clicking "resume". If I try and load through the saved games tab I can load the neighbourhood, but again, not the actual household/saved game. I'm also only able to end the application while on the loading screen through task manager, the x doesn't shut the window.

I've got the Seasons and Eco Living expansion packs

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title fit bug report at AHQ

• I was having this error when it switched me to dx11. I toggled dx9 back on, restarted and loaded in instantly. 

somethinglaura
      New Spectator

Doesn't work for me unfortunately :( I also don't actually have the option to switch between dx9/dx11 in my in-game settings (is that supposed to be a thing?), I had to change it though the EA app. I've got one other saved household from one of the game challenges, and that loaded fine, but the one I actually want to play with doesn't... I've recovered and tried opening several older save files and none of them seem to work

• I have since figured out that the issue must be with the lot. If I bulldoze the lot and then load the game, it loads fine, and I am able to replace the lot from my library and play, but trying to return to the home lot from anywhere else doesn't work (the lot loads but my sim disappears), and if I save and exit I'm once again stuck on the endless loading screen.

I also tried replacing the bulldozed lot with the standard setup as I saved it when my sim first moved in, but that also doesn't work. The only way I can load this household is by loading it onto an empty lot. 

Maybe this is just the universe telling me I've wasted too much time on this game lol

AnotheLazySimmer
      New Spectator

i've been able to open my off-grid lots in build mod and just remove the off-grid lot trait. After that the lot loaded fine with no bulldozing, it was deffo the trait. Mine broke with the dx11 upgrade as well. It kinds sucks because I play a lot of off-grid and I don't want to lose my families to corruption, so I'm afraid to make any lot off the grid. 

Sarinzky
    New Spectator

I was having trouble loading my off the grid household for the past 2 weeks. I deleted all my saves CC and re installed the game even before I found out it’s the lot challenge 😭 It’s my favorite one so I hope it will be back soon!

Blakkguh
    New Spectator

I play on PS4 and since the latest patch updates Off the Grid Lots causes the loading screen to freeze at about 80% completion. 

Please fix as this is greatly impacting gameplay. Off-the-grid is no longer fun when...youre not living off the grid! 

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 23 days ago