Ideas

EffV1234
New Spectator
3 months ago
Under Investigation

Teenager don't get third trait on aging/no Graduation

Just had a sim age up from a teen to a young adult. No notification popped up to select a new trait so they are stuck with 2 traits still when they should have 3. Additionally, they graduated from high school with "average rank" whilst being an A student (with the gold tick). I've only ever had sims age up with at least the "graduated with honours" trait whilst being an A student. For context, this child was adopted so unsure if this has anything to do with it, although I've had sims adopt in the past and this bug hasn't happened. This sim also didn't age up with the "high self esteem" trait from child to teen despite having high confidence as a child. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title fit bug report at AHQ

• I am currently experiencing the same issue and can't seem to find a fix. I've tried disabling mods, restarting the game, using the repair function, etc. Teen sim is still aging up without prompt for a third trait and no character values. I think it is an unfortunate bug with the latest update. Hopefully a solution comes out soon :(

MoodyUniicorn
    Seasoned Newcomer

Today I had an infant age up to toddler, child, teen, to young adult all at the same time! I dont play with mods my gameplay is base game vanilla. 

I wanted to make sure it was reported and saw this thread.

• I am currently having the same issue on Xbox, my played household seems to age up just fine but when I go to age up my sims partners they don’t get the prompt to choose their third trait, it also breaks the ability to woohoo/try for baby as well. This is honestly so frustrating as nothing I’ve done has fixed the issue 

ElizabethBerta
      New Spectator

Same issue. I don't know how to fix it. I aged up my teen and her boyfriend to young adults. She went through the whole process. He aged up but never did the trait option. Now they're both young adults and they won't woohoo at all. Doesn't work. I've edited in CAS to add the trait. I've aged him up and down. Nothing is working. I did not download any new content when this happened. I don't play with mods. I'm on PS4. Hoping they put out a fix to this. 

• Update: the above also happened with non-adopted teens. They aged up without prompting for an additional trait, and no gained traits from childhood they should have had (eg. Happy toddler etc). Additionally and separately, one of my sims aged up autonomously, and aged up again immediately afterwards and likely would have died if I didn’t intervene by going into cas.

• I'm having the same issue. I tried it again, but same outcome. It seems to be a feature now. Not a bug I guess. Probably will be fixed with a big update. I hope they fix it sooner. Family gameplay is what made the sims and now it is broken.

• I went back enabling the mods and it’s been resolved. I normally play with mods but I did it once, so maybe that’s why this bug occurred. 

EffV1234
      New Spectator

ferdiewiangit definitely is not a mod problem as I have had this bug happen multiple times recently and have never used or downloaded any mods

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 9 minutes ago