Forum Discussion

TitoinePro8
Seasoned Newcomer
7 days ago

Menus so laggy, its unplayable

It's rare that I write to fill myself with something but the game menus are really slow, it's unplayable! I didn't think it was possible to be worse than the last edition... but it is! please do something about this situation because it makes me stop playing often

Molda-CZ
    Rising Novice

But its not only "loading" that is slow, its everything, every movement in the menus, every switch you do, so laggy and slow. i've heard its better on Xbox, but on PS5 its terrible how laggy/slow the menus are especially in franchise mode, but almost everywhere else too. Just scrolling down through teams roster takes ages before every asset loads up, you cannot scroll down quickly, you need to patiently and very slowly move one player per like 5 seconds. And its the same almost on every other screen, just moving in menus by analog or dpad it feels like there is input lag almost. Sometimes it feels like there is tiny bit of improvement from NHL 24, but in most areas and screens its crazy bad. There must be something very wrong deep down in the code of the game so i guess it is difficult for them to fix it without complete overhaul of all the menus. Because otherwise i dont see a reason why it wouldnt be fixed after many years.
    If there is one wish i have for the NHL series is have fast menus that dont lag. If NHL 26 would bring absolutely nothing new to the game but had fast menus, i would be absolutely satisfied. 
    (and please dont say that he menus are so slow and lagy because they are pretty. Yes they are, but that cannot be the reason. I have seen many games that have pretty graphics in menus (sometimes even prettier with nice background animations even and many elements) yet they were lightning fast responsive.)

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hi there. Are you talking about Franchise Mode specifically? This is an issue we're aware of.

TitoinePro8
      Seasoned Newcomer

Yes on franchise mode specifically its the worst of all. But in overall the menus in all modes are slow. 

EA_Aljo
        Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

The menus in WoC are faster. I'm not noticing any lag in HUT. If you can be more specific with which menus are loading slow outside of Franchise Mode, I'll pass it on. Video would greatly help.