Forum Discussion

7 years ago

[Feature Request] Making the Sith Raid Easier...

Zetas came in a month after tank was released to dramatically ease the difficulty.

SWGOH has always been about teamwork - meeting new players.
I believe it is time to introduce a new way to buff characters using a guild leveling system.

The higher the level of your guild, you get x amount of currency per level. Only you’re guild leader can choose what upgrades to buy for the guild using that currency. Ex. Extra damage on raids, etc...

Just an idea
  • Subscribed to his and Warrior's channel, great content. Not that others don't, I just don't want multiple videos of the same thing and I'm biased towards those two guys.
  • "Bouncyslime;d-163005" wrote:
    Zetas came in a month after tank was released to dramatically ease the difficulty.

SWGOH has always been about teamwork - meeting new players.
    I believe it is time to introduce a new way to buff characters using a guild leveling system.

The higher the level of your guild, you get x amount of currency per level. Only you’re guild leader can choose what upgrades to buy for the guild using that currency. Ex. Extra damage on raids, etc...

Just an idea

I don't mind the difficulty of the heroic but the non-heroic tiers need to be looked at and rebalanced. Especially things like tier 4 that's supposedly balanced for level 70, g8, 4* toons yet g11, level 85, 7* toons don't perform all that impressively considering. Like my guild can clear regular aat in about 12 hours (just a little shy of ready for heroic) which for g8, 6* level 80 toons (so harder than tier 4 sith) yet it takes about 48-72 hours to clear sith raid (depending how motivated we are to clear the mindless grind fest).

Considering that tier 4 is theoretically easier than regular aat my guild should breeze through it in 12 hours or less but between the phase 1 mechanics that hard counter basically everything and absurd boss health pools at that tier make it a mindless multi-day grind. I can't imagine a guild that just meets tier 4 requirements finishing it in under 2 weeks.

A level cap or gear cap increase won't make the lower tiers any easier for players who just hit the minimum requirements and it'll still be the same grind.
  • I agree entirely with the easier crowd, I’m good with heroic being out of me and my guilds league for now, we aren’t whales and I remember when we beat our first haat. There’s nothing more exciting than working with a group for months trying to break through and finally getting there. I look forward to this struggle with my guild.

All that being said, the lower tiers definitely need another look. We clear haat in 1-3hrs depending how motivated we all are, but we can’t do squat on t6 sith triumvirate we are finally to p4 and our top guy has 150m dmg. It’s not the difficulty, it’s not even the mechanics, it’s the insane health pool. Dont make it easier, just reduce that health pool. With the very top teams pulling around 5-10m well you do the math... point being, this raid is so clearly built specifically to force players into lower use toons, but unfortunately it forces everyone into the same few teams which simply can’t pull enough dmg to make it not feel like a grind....

My point is this, building toons and teams is supposed to be the grind, doing the same fight over and over for days on end to get meager rewards is dull and doesn’t add the excitement I think everyone was looking for. Please consider reducing the health pools on the lower tiers, the rewards aren’t game changing and I would rather folks look forward to a raid than dred the grind....
  • The enormous Health Pools of the bosses, and the debuff near-immunity are problems! If the bosses would have health pools between the ones in the Rancor Raid and Haat, maybe a little more than Haat, well that would make it much better for everybody! Just make the bosses immune to speeddown effects, and let the many characters in this game, that use debuffs, be able to put them on the bosses!

Much more players are quitting, lessening buying stuff in the game, because of this raid, than investing to be able to beat T7. If for T7 some farming or maybe investing would be necessary, people would go for it! But it takes too much!
  • I dont mind a challenge, and i dont mind a raid that takes quite some time to finish, or a game that can be repetative.

I understand that there will always be a bunch of whales that need to be fed something that can keep driving their awsome teams to bigger and better things, and that there will be F2P players always trying to catch up, and in between those extreams is where i suspect you make your real money, which you have to do, that is the way of the world.

I sit somewhere in the lower middle of the above demographic, i spend some because the game is fun and entertains me, once it does neither of those i will find something that is fun and does entertain me.

You have certainly tried to remove a lot of the daily grind to make life easier and i thank you for that, and your putting a lot of challenges in, but where is the fun?

As this is a game, I like to be entertained but removing all of my best and most loved characters from a raid (or making them completely unviable) is just not fun, building a raid that relies on only one or two teams cant be the plan, so i assume that new yet to be released characters or teams must be the plan, that will certainly be fun in a couple of years, but right here and right now we need to get a little more fun into the present and a little less waiting for the future.

CG please note, more fun content please, and maybe some less difficult raid tiers that we can consider as “fun” might be the way forward, leave the heroic and maybe even T6 where it is “the challenge”, that still gives you several tiers to make some fun content for the mid demographic discussed above