Forum Discussion

3 years ago

GAC on life support

@CG please please please GAC is in need of serious help. This is the premier game mode for most players and the reason many of us play the game and it has lost its fun factor except for the very top.

IMO 3 greens very positive things came from the GAC changes from 6 months ago. 1- The change in crystal distribution from arena to GAC 2- the elimination of controlling account bloat and 3- competitive fights at the top streamed for fans to watch and/or participate in.

But the down side to the changes is MASSIVE! And the problem isn’t resolving itself over time. In fact it is getting worse. The middle and lower ends of GAC (which 95%+ of us fall into) are seeing larger and larger GP gaps. The smaller GP account is usually the account the wants a good fight and is playing to win. But I never beat an account 2-3 times my GP. Instead he loses to me. There is a difference between those two statements. If the larger account wants to play or half way knows how to play, then that account will win. But if they attack once and collect their under-placed league rewards, move up to face a bigger account and this boring vicious cycle continues. It has been 4 months since I have faced someone anywhere close to my GP. Where is the fun in that?

Now I am not one to rant for the sake of ranting so I will suggest some ideas for improvement and hope others will add their ideas for you to consider. I hope you listen to our plea as fans of SW and this game and try something. We need competition, we need fun.

Ideas to help improve GAC:

Give players that don’t want to play, but want rewards an option to opt out of GAC and give then a lesser reward package than those that participate

Put a cap on GP differentials in the lower leagues. Make it so in a league the skill rating isn’t the only determining factor. Let the 5mm accounts in a league play other 5mm accounts, 4mm accounts play 4mm accounts in that same league, so on and so forth.

Keep Kyber or maybe the top 2-3 tiers of Kyber as it is with no GP differential gaps. Let the cream rise to the top.

These are just some of my thoughts. I would love to hear ideas from the rest of the community.

Best regards
- Inquisitor CT