Forum Discussion

p7lv7h4eq56w
Seasoned Newcomer
11 days ago

GL killing regular teams

So I don't mind non GL teams being able to beat one or two GLs if it's a good squad. But I am getting sick of these non GL teams running rough shod over most if not all the GLs. What's the point of Galactic Legends anymore. 

Apparently the new nightsister team can beat them all without the datacron and without omis....and at low relics.

I don't mind it being strong but not that strong

Whatelse73
    New Adventurer

That's why they're releasing all these new teams with absurd power creep.  Because "new shiny!" makes them more money than GLs do.  They do make a bit from GLs granted, but those are once a year as opposed to releasing 10 marquees in one year and the money they'll make from that.  Especially if they tie those marquees to GLs and/or epic event / legendary characters. 

Dont' worry though, just relic your whole roster to R9 and spend 10,000 a month on datacrons and you should be fine, as CG expects us to do.

I've been saying for a few months now that all these new characters are adding too many offensive weapons and GL's aren't "The highest tier characters in the game!" anymore, though CG says they are.  (Not the first time they've abandoned a power model.)

DUNCAN1919
      Rising Traveler

Well you'll only be caught out if (not assuming you are) a GL rusher who doesn't flesh out their roster.

These new characters are available to all, and as its a resource management game it makes sense to go for these new cheap GL counters rather than complain about them. I'm F2P and see no issue attaining these characters the same way its been fairly comfortable for me to get Gungans and the Queen Amidala team up and running as I plod along to get GL Ahsoka.

nn9tcmb9ablx
    Seasoned Newcomer

I absolutely agree with this. There is a Great Mothers team in my squad arena and it absolutely destroys all of my GL teams. I don’t have LV but I have all other GL’s. The only won that could even win was R9 Leia with a really good cron and she was the only one left standing and it was almost a timeout.

absolutely absurd

• When they come up with new powers, they have to consider what's going on with GLs. 

Protection disruption now a thing? JML gets immunity to it. Heck, Leia as well, since she's a GL Tank. 

These are the simple things you need to do to keep teams reasonable. Personally I have never hated a team more than I hate the Gungans. They were a ridiculous, near-useless faction in the lore, but they're worldbeaters in SWGOH. 

Personally, I thought that they (like the Nemoidians) came across as racist, simplistic, and written very badly. So I didn't like the faction just from what I knew of it from the source material. And I'm sure not everyone agrees with me. Some people are going to like Gungans for reasons I don't understand. That's fine. But to make them into GL killers? 

Puh-leeez. 

• Completely agree why farm then relic 14 characters for 1 really good one when you can farm 5 and relic them that can put down a gl. You waste tons of time farming them or for the new "shiny" like above says and you will be better off for it.

Rius_975518199
      Seasoned Traveler

GL’s are generally good in ALL game modes, and are great consistently, datacrons may make them more superior for a while but they do not need them.

Of meta counters require great modding, omicrons, datacrons, some require a lot of kit knowledge to work. Some benefit for a short period when very new due to lack of knowledge on kits, new abilities yet to be balanced and incentive datacrons to rush them.

This is a very balanced game in general, the fact Rey and SLKR are still very powerful demonstrates that whilst we see temporary power creeps they often rework to re-balance.

Off meta teams tend to settle into being powerful in one or two modes. Through locking power behind omicrons. And settle down into the meta once the powerful hype subsides.

I fully anticipate the protection disruption to be countered in future releases. I think GLAT will have an in built resistance and JML or GLLO if massively impacted will get uplifters or reworks to counter it.