Forum Discussion

Crispy508
Rising Traveler
2 years ago

I still don't understand why Reva is OP

Title says it all. I don't understand based on everything CG has told us about power rankings of characters based on where /how they're obtained why reva dominates every galactic legend in every aspect of the game. . they nerfed traya's omi when she could beat 1, they nerfed wat when he had too much power vs GLs. Reva dominates even outside GAC. this isn't in line with what CG said
  • "BubbaFett;c-2422425" wrote:
    "subxsimo;c-2422424" wrote:
    "BubbaFett;c-2422416" wrote:
    "subxsimo;c-2422415" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2422412" wrote:
    "subxsimo;c-2422407" wrote:
    I think there are two main issues which are being highlighted

1. The whole point of gls being introduced if I'm not mistaken was to prevent mirror and repetitive matches

You're mistaken.

so what is the purpose of Gls, gl are the most powerful and gets criticised when ones significantly stronger than another e.g. SEE people complain. So the more GLS the more variety in equal matches are available.

Right now we have Jabba, lord Vader, JMK, Rey and Jml who can defeat each other reva goes against this.

People always complain... SEE is also the best GL counter to Reva in GAC...

There is nothing written anywhere that say that GL have to be unbeatable by teams that aren't a GL team... As I said earlier, this gam ewould be really boring and borderline unplayable if all it was was the player with the most GL wins...

Reva doesn’t seem to be an equal but better. Gls should be the best unless they create a new type such as reva. A galactic Legend should represent the best of a category. Omnicron should be the only thing that put a non gl on par but beyond is questionable.

It's Reva's omicron that does our her on par, and it only works in GAC.....do you have Reva?.... Have you faced Reva?

Which omicron?
  • "subxsimo;c-2422526" wrote:
    "BubbaFett;c-2422425" wrote:
    "subxsimo;c-2422424" wrote:
    "BubbaFett;c-2422416" wrote:
    "subxsimo;c-2422415" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2422412" wrote:
    "subxsimo;c-2422407" wrote:
    I think there are two main issues which are being highlighted

1. The whole point of gls being introduced if I'm not mistaken was to prevent mirror and repetitive matches

You're mistaken.

so what is the purpose of Gls, gl are the most powerful and gets criticised when ones significantly stronger than another e.g. SEE people complain. So the more GLS the more variety in equal matches are available.

Right now we have Jabba, lord Vader, JMK, Rey and Jml who can defeat each other reva goes against this.

People always complain... SEE is also the best GL counter to Reva in GAC...

There is nothing written anywhere that say that GL have to be unbeatable by teams that aren't a GL team... As I said earlier, this gam ewould be really boring and borderline unplayable if all it was was the player with the most GL wins...

Reva doesn’t seem to be an equal but better. Gls should be the best unless they create a new type such as reva. A galactic Legend should represent the best of a category. Omnicron should be the only thing that put a non gl on par but beyond is questionable.

It's Reva's omicron that does our her on par, and it only works in GAC.....do you have Reva?.... Have you faced Reva?

I haven't faced reva but form many videos and from what people are saying reva defeat every gl (not necarrily easily) but I've seen jmk get destroyed by her. Also Ahnaldt101 is using reva as his primary squad and shown she s very successful. This was squad battles btw.

My opinion is that at best reva should be a conquest/ lifter character at best. A second in command inquisitor who not even Sith being stronger than JML, JMK , lord Vader etc makes no sense. I know the game is different to the films but I feel like that jump is too big interms of being realistic.

Once you get past CAT, GI can also kill JMK so I'm not really seeing the issue. Bit hit and miss depending on the team comp though, since he does most of his damage vs Jedi.
  • Elephant in the room. DISNEY has built up characters for SWGOH that have no business being OP. The SW Reva character is not that strong by any means. She is also NO leader. CG needs to NERF this character in the game, she should be no stronger than Darth Maul or Savage. Additionally, Only the Grand Inquisitor should have the Leader Tag.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "epalasthy;c-2424841" wrote:
    Elephant in the room. DISNEY has built up characters for SWGOH that have no business being OP. The SW Reva character is not that strong by any means. She is also NO leader. CG needs to NERF this character in the game, she should be no stronger than Darth Maul or Savage. Additionally, Only the Grand Inquisitor should have the Leader Tag.

By your logic some of the bounty hunters shouldn’t have a leadership ability, yet they do. Aside from the fact Inquisitors did lead operations…
  • "Ultra;c-2422340" wrote:
    Imagine, as a player, asking her to be nerfed so that once you unlock and dump 700 kyros she's just meh since she counters like 2 GLs after nerf because that is more fair to you as someone who owns her

like which GL doesn't have more than 1 non-GL counter at this point? What's adding one more?

JMK. Only non-GL counter currently is reva.

https://swgoh.gg/gac/counters/JEDIMASTERKENOBI/?exclude_gl&season=38&d_unit=PADMEAMIDALA&d_unit=GENERALKENOBI

(GI when his datacron rolls around can also beat JMK but its very iffy) .... without it 3% win rate
  • It does require a lot of kyros just to obtain GI, more than some GLs. Certainly more than 501st even with Shaak Ti.