Forum Discussion

10 months ago

Replace a round of 3 vs 3 with this.

3 vs 3 is substantially worse than 5 vs 5 and although I have come to terms with 3 vs 3 I think many would like to see its role diminished. I would suggest a new form of GAC with a new map call Big 3. This would replace every other round of 3 vs 3.

The map would have 3 zones all on the front line each allowing for one 5-man squad defense to be set for defense. Similar to ROTE one zone would be dark side, one zone would be neutral and one would be light side. On defense, only dark side characters can be set in the dark side zone and only light side characters can be set in the light side zone. For your attacks it would be flipped, you would have to attack your opponents dark side defense with light side characters. You get unlimited attacks per zone but the defense scores points for each attack they resist.

In each zone the defense would get environmental bonuses to make them more formidable to resist attacks. Proposed bonuses below but CG should toon according to testing.

Dark Side: Each character gains 10% offense, 10% crit damage, and 10% potency for each relic level.

Neutral: Each character gains 10 speed, 10% max protection and 10% offense for each relic level.

Light Side: Each character gains 10% defense, 10% health, and 10% tenacity for each relic level.

Tying the bonuses to relics will reward players for building up relic levels rewarding quality over quantity, something that has been missing since rewards moved out of arena. 3 vs 3 Omnis could proc an environmental bonus instead of their typical functionality if they need balancing but honestly you could probably just let them apply to all 5 toons without any repercussions. You could incorporate ships as a back zone but honestly people probably would miss ships. This would represent a return back to what arena used to be where having the best squad was important not having the best squads, while acknowledging the game has progressed and you would need multiple defenses with buffs to make the game mode more enjoyable.