Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Territory battle strategy

Phase one is simple.
Do combat,then special,then fill as many slots as possible on platoon.
Last, deploy everything to its single territory.
For all remaining phases same steps other than the final deployment. ( I only say this because I feel this guild has enough depth to do all battles )
On deployment 1st priority is getting all territory to 1 star to unlock next territory.
Once accomplished focus all deployment into one territory in hopes of getting 2nd *
Then move to other territory and try to fill it for 2nd *.
We will have to look at tp required to see if it's less to go for 3rd * in one or 2nd * in both.
Of course if we get both to 2* then pick one and try to fill it to 3*
Thoughts?
  • You probably want to at least plan platoon drops first so you don't end up short...but sounds reasonable.
  • I thought you wanted to do special missions first because of the bonuses you get from them, then the combat missions. Is that not the case?
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    "Carth_Onassi1973;c-1239444" wrote:
    I thought you wanted to do special missions first because of the bonuses you get from them, then the combat missions. Is that not the case?

That was warrior's suggestion. The thinking is since special missions requore specific characters, you don't want to accidentally use them somewhere else. Technically, you can do things in any order you want, if you know where the toons need to go. But to keep things straight while managing a guild, you should scout platoons, do specials, do combat (or fill platoon as needed), dump in platoon, dump in deployment.

• Platoon is the biggest communication area. Know what "rare" characters you have compared to your guild mates. These are ones you need to drop in platoon squads. I would recommend nobody does combat missions until platoons are filled.
  • First, view combat and special combat, see what is needed. Then, view platoons, see if there are any toons needed there that you wanted to use for combat. Decide which guild members will supply the toons. For example, the missions use rebels, and you want to use Chaze, the platoon might require Baze x 3, so three of you need to give up Baze to satisfy the requirement.

After missions and platoons, deploy the rest of your toons. Just do one side if you're a small guild, and figure out how you want to split both sides if you're a large guild.
  • You can deploy everything right from the jump. It's just that when you use them in Combat/Platoon/Special they're automatically deployed. But you can throw everyone into whatever territory is active at any time during the phase.
  • "NicWester;c-1239600" wrote:
    You can deploy everything right from the jump. It's just that when you use them in Combat/Platoon/Special they're automatically deployed. But you can throw everyone into whatever territory is active at any time during the phase.

Don't confuse anyone, if they deploy or dump their roster (the tutorial tries to get you to do this first, don't be tricked), they won't be able to use those toons for the missions (where you actually fight).

If you deploy, you lose use of the toons for combat missions. Always do your missions first, deploy second, dump your roster into North/South last. Work it out with your guild who will supply the mandatory toons for deployment, but always do your missions first, as a rule.

https://swgoh.gg/u/diezel/

Warrior is in my guild, listen to what I'm telling you, watch his long version tutorial, it explains everything, and the last ten minutes show you what toons are required stage by stage.

https://youtu.be/chTgaI7mZwE
  • "TommySitt;c-1239632" wrote:

Don't confuse anyone, if they deploy or dump their roster (the tutorial tries to get you to do this first, don't be tricked), they won't be able to use those toons for the missions (where you actually fight).

If you deploy, you lose use of the toons for combat missions. Always do your missions first, deploy second, dump your roster into North/South last. Work it out with your guild who will supply the mandatory toons for deployment, but always do your missions first, as a rule.

Hmm that does not sound right. Yes it is not recommended to deploy all your troops right away into a territory, but not because you can't use deployed toons for missions (actually you can based on all vids and the dev post)

The thing is in multy territory battles it is not smart to dump all your troops at once. You want to do the platoon and combat missions first in all territories and afterwards dump your toons where the points are needed.

BTW by doing combat/special missions your toons get autodeployed. For P1 it is pretty pointless wich order you do it since there is only one territory