Forum Discussion

TanneRDZS
Rising Rookie
9 days ago

The RAID PROBLEM and how to FIX IT.

At the end of 2022 CG announced the Krayt Dragon raid and the new age of raids in SWGoH began. Each raid has 9 month of relevancy then they go to dust and are never seen again, which is a shame in my opinion, mainly because any investment you had in that raid also goes with it. The biggest problem with that is that these raids asks for really trash tier characters and raid omicrons as well, and these are become completely useless after that raids 9 month expires.

Next year we gonna get the 4th new raid. Based on where is game is progressing or what's hapenning in SW in real life people can only guess whats the next raid is gonna be about.

My guesses are that with the new GL Ahsoka and potentially GL Thrawn, we might get some sort of Peridia raid, based on the Ahsoka show, or Force Awakens is gonna have it's 10 year anniversary, so some sort if sequel content and raid for next year can also be possible.

With that 4th raid next year I think it would be the perfect time to introduce the raid rotations. Just for the explonation I'm gonna use only 3 raids. 

So your guilds starts the Naboo raid, 3 days, it's done everyone gets their rewards, then the game locks the raid. The next time your guild starts a raid, the Naboo raid is locked, you can only choose the Endor or Krayt raid. Let's just say your guild does the Endor raid. 3 days, it's done, everyone gets their reward, this raid is also locked now. The next time your guild starts a raid, can only choose the Krayt raid, and when that's done, every raid is unlocked and this cycle starts again, in any order your guilds chooses to do so.

Obviously the current reward system would be applied to every raid, so everyone could get the mk3 material as well.

It would be the perfect way to respect everyones investment in the raids and not just the Omicrons but also the high relics that people do for trash characters. The players would feel safer to invest to the raids, knowing that any relic or omicrons that they spent on the raids would be useful until the game is around.

Obviously the legacy raids wouldn't be a part of the cycles of the new raids.

Any thought?

• This is an interesting idea, I think it could be a good way to extend the value of investment in some less than top tier characters. However, there's likely going to be a good deal of pushback from players. That resistance mainly coming from the fact that lots of people didn't like the mechanics of KDR and the Endor, and Endor also had an issue with causing motion sickness. You have a good idea that I think get buried by the intensity of dislike for the older raids.

Tenebrae-3626
      New Scout

I agree about the OP's idea, it would definitely give actual meaning to the investments. I mean, let's face it, not many players would relic Eeth Koth just to get a few more points in a raid that's going to become obsolete in (now less than) 9 months. The only permanent benefit from that is a few more deployment points in TB, and even then it's minimal.

As for your comment about negative responses, yeah, I can already imagine that. I personally had no issue with the mechanics behind the Krayt raid, and the Speeder raid never once gave me any motion sickness even when I played it manually. The only actual issues I have with the new raids is having to use the same teams over and over again. With the Sith raid, for example, even before the rise of SLKR and one-man runs, you could theory craft with countless teams and strategies. Now, with the new system you have to use the exact same teams and strategies every week until a new raid shows up, which then requires you to do the same based on what toons are allowed there. But back to the point, I can understand why people would be against having to go back to, let's say, the Endor raid. A few weeks once the Naboo raid started, I saw a thread by someone complaining about getting motion sickness from the shield, and that's nothing compared to the previous raid. And instead of trying to figure out something that suits their own situation, like focusing on something else while playing one of those two raids, people are more willing to bury you under an avalanche of (sometimes immaturely constructed) complaints, regardless of how it ends up affecting everyone else. I myself would appreciate it if there were less events running at a time instead of having to deal with TB and Conquest and Raids all at once for example, but I'm not about to gather an angry mob and burn down people's houses if they don't agree with me.

TanneRDZS
    Rising Rookie

The whole point of my idea is to stop the dullness of the new raids. Playing one raid for 9 months just feels boring and exhausting and completely kills the experience. Always changing the raids you play could keep it interesting and a more fresh experince. It wouldn't matter which raid you like or not, you just wouldn't need to play it repetatively for 9 months. 

The other thing is that CG could never make a raid that everyone will like, that just simply not possible, and not because of CG, just simply because everyone likes different things.

winterwolves
    Rising Traveler

This would mean that newer players would have to invest in every raid character, instead of just catching up with just the latest raid set. 

At the moment, players can ignore what you yourself have called trash tier characters that were required for krayt and endor. But your plan requires players to work on them, as well as the latest raid's characters.

I mean, sure, that doesn't matter to me. I have worked through all those raids, I've got the teams, even still have the mod loadouts for some. But this is waaay more investment that you are suggesting for anyone who wasn't around for those raids.

Rius_975518199
      Seasoned Traveler

I agree, it also means further development is stretched over multiple raids. At the moment it’s worth investing as much as possible in the first months of a raid for return on investment. This takes into account that it runs every 3-4 days for 9 months ish. If you forcibly rotate so it’s every 9-16 days there is lower immediate return on any future investment for getting a full squad to the next relic tier. Plus it would plateau the need for end game players to invest at all.

I would not say all the ‘Trash’ characters are a waste of time. They give more options, just not something I would prioritise without the raid. So I am happy I did Kit Fisto because it’s an extra TB mission. Plo is actually a nice to have in a few squads. But without the raid I would not have got round to them. Chasing Gungan’s and Quadme has been fun as I enjoy both squads. Gungan’s also appears to be really good in TB. So there is investment beyond the raid.

TanneRDZS
    Rising Rookie

I get what you two were saying. Even if it would require more investment, it still would be a safe one, that you will always have a use. Noone can convince me that investing in Luminara, Eeth Koth, the trashy Ewoks or the Jawas are good investments for new players. Once in a blue moon there is a Jawa GC and that's it.