Forum Discussion

goosefairy
Newcomer
3 hours ago

date/event pop-up menu not opening

Sul sul, fellow simmers 🫡

I come to y'all today to share a weird thing happening in my game? I bought the new Lovestruck pack shortly within the week it came out, but aside from the CAS items, Build items, and more recently the Romance Consultant career, I haven't played around with a whole lot of the pack.

I've already gotten to create an event Exactly One (1) Time using the new customization mechanic after it was introduced, but ever since the most recent patch (on a Wednesday, no less), the entire option doesn't work. No matter what I do -- when I try to have one of my sims create a date with another sim, or ask them on a date the regular way, or even just create a regular event -- my sims will reset themselves as if they're being debugged. No date/event pop-up menu, no loading of the map to travel, nothing. I even went to the calendar to make a date directly from there, but whenever I went to extend the date, the same thing happened.

And before you ask-- it’s not my mods or my CC, unfortunately. I wish the answer was that simple, lol. The only mods I have that affect my game as a whole are MC Command Center, and another one I probably can't talk about here (think less purple, and more,, green?), but nevertheless, I moved all of my mods and CC outside my EA folder to test it out, to no avail. 

How do I get this to stop? Do I need to repair my game? (Please God No) Do I just sit and wait for the Sims Team to tack it onto their next laundry list? 

Please help 😔

No RepliesBe the first to reply