Forum Discussion

Naynaygray
Seasoned Newcomer
4 days ago

Dine Out Not Working

The Dine Out game still isn't working! The "together option isn't visible, IE Dance together, beachcomb together, Also requesting a table with a group or on a date.  My Sim won't be seated to a table. 

I really miss having my Sims go on dates. 

• Before you have a Sim request a table, find the action interaction. I believe it's under the Friendly category. Make them a group. This should allow for them to be seated together. I was able to have my five University Teens dine together, just yesterday.  However, Let's Dine Out is still borked.  While I had one Sim order for them, the group were served their beverages, but their pizza never arrived. I ended up having to cheat them full, before I had them pay their tab and go back to their dorm at Britechester-U. If you want a Sim couple to go out and dine, use the new Lovestruck interaction by having one Sim ask the other to create a date. Hope this helps. I, too, really love sending my couples out to dine. Makes for a fun date.

Cerity1
    Rising Newcomer

Dine Out not working. Sims cannot go out on a date... or even as a group. They can eat separately but that's about it. Can someone please look into this & fix.

Thank you

GalacticGal
      Seasoned Ace

I beg to differ. Make them a group, first, before you request a table. 

GalacticGal
        Seasoned Ace

There should be an interaction under Friendly. It's either Activities, or Actions.  From there you can have your active create a Group. Best of luck.

K-bobster
      Seasoned Newcomer

Yeah, but we all kinda bought Dine Out expecting our sims to you know...dine out. 

K-bobster
    Seasoned Newcomer

I'm also unable to let my sims Dine Out. I click on Request a Table and nothing happens.  My poor sim's celebration dinner I was planning and setting up for  human weeks was utterly ruined. But, they'll probably fix Wedding Stories and Dine Out again pretty soon.

So, I won't sweat it. I just have to play a different Save until my story can progress.

GalacticGal
      Seasoned Ace

Do you use mods? If so, remove your Mods folder and see if you have better luck. If not, then do a game repair and see if that helps. I love taking my Sims out to dine and have also had moments where it just utterly failed. When I tried to set up a Date, as in prior to Lovestruck, I had the problem of not being able to request a table. Even Carl's Dine Out Reloaded mod wasn't helping. What I do now is have one of my Sims ask their sweetheart to create a date. Dining out isn't fully functional, as before, but they do get a table. If you take them to a bar, they can get food, at least.