Forum Discussion

mbvwrqaerkhm
Newcomer
15 hours ago

Sim cannot go to prom

Hello, no matter what I have tried, my sim cannot go to prom. I have researched and many have said it clashes with Get Famous, so I launched my game without the pack and it still did not work. I have also taken out all custom content and mods to see if that was the issue and it still did not work. I have turned off aging and it did not work. Prom has come around 4 times now. One of the times, I got the pre-prom get together invitation and it took me there, then I got the pop-up notification that prom was starting and I selected the option to go to the prom with him, then nothing happened. The game just went on like nothing happened, and prom was no longer on the calendar. Another time, I went to the pre-prom get together, then come 7 pm I don't get any notification that prom is starting. Once again, prom just vanishes off the calendar. The most recent time, I got the invitation to the pre-prom get together and prompted my sim to go, and then nothing happened. So I waited around until 7, and no surprise there was no pop-up notification to go to prom, and it just vanishes off the calendar.  I am at a loss for what else I can even do. It's very frustrating as nothing else in the High School years expansion pack really excites me, and prom is what I was most excited for. When researching ways to fix this problem, most people posting about it are from 2 years ago, so I'm very confused on how this bug is still not fixed. Has anyone been able to go to prom with their sim?? 

• Did you test this after yesterdays patch as well ? There was a bug fix for proms.