Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Color wheel or scale objects?

if you could choose only color wheel or ability to scale objects which one would you choose ?
  • "Anmirla;c-16643085" wrote:
    It will probably never happen, but this would be awesome. I really can't see them going back to recode channels for every single object already released. It might be doable, but it would be extremely time consuming.

This is my same thoughts as well - as they would need to add color channels to every single thing in the game other wise everything would just be one color. I do not want wood trim the same color as the fabrics - that sounds pretty blah - but what we would end up with without them adding color channels to all the base objects. - But seeing I never use the scaling myself - if they were willing to add color channels to every thing in the game - then my answer is definitely CAST. I love CASt in Sims 3 and I never have lag or any issues in Sims 3 - definitely not with CASt, CAS, CAP in Sims 3. In fact I don't see how something as simple as recoloring an item in build mode would affect LIVE mode. That puzzles me. Recoloring something - it's just a visual thing and not a solid thing. So I don't get how CASt could ever create lag.

At most it may slow down Build mode or CAS if you save all your recolor swatches and your pc (or internet) is not very fast, but live play should not be affected by a color change any more than choosing colors from pre-made Maxis swatches. All CASt was actually was the ability to make our own color swatches - and all objects/items in game had color channels added to them when they were made.

ETA: I honestly cannot see them doing that - myself - as that would be a huge undertaking - plus if they did it for us they would have to do it for console or there might be issues with them using our games to make the console version this go round.

What might be possible at the very least is a copy of the tool they use to make their own swatches - maybe just let us make more colors of the swatches they give us - some how - that work with the recoloring system they presently use.
  • I dont want cast back. I'd prefer having the option to choose wood colour and bedding seperately like in the sims 2, that's what I really miss having when returning to sims 4. I'd love a colourwheel for skintones and haircolours but that's it. Cast would make cas horrrrribly laggy (same for openworld unpopular opinion) so no I'd prefer my Cas to run smooth over having this back.
  • CAST all the way, i just can't when i can't seem to match outfits, furniture and such. I also miss my two or more toned hair colors.
  • CAST.

Although we already have Scaling it renders most of the objects unusable unless it is decor.
  • "Gelysen;c-16646375" wrote:
    I dont want cast back. I'd prefer having the option to choose wood colour and bedding seperately like in the sims 2, that's what I really miss having when returning to sims 4. I'd love a colourwheel for skintones and haircolours but that's it. Cast would make cas horrrrribly laggy (same for openworld unpopular opinion) so no I'd prefer my Cas to run smooth over having this back.

I used to think that. But when I went from 2.5 processors to 3.5 proccessors, no more lag in loading the thumbnails. :)
  • Colour editing is a must, especially for beds. It is so hard to get a decent bed for a bedroom in Sims 4.
  • I would at least like some sort of customization with the swatches like being able to have the power to put the colors i like together like in previous sims games
  • This is a very difficult one bc I love both.
    The scale tool makes many things in building possible that we couldn't even dream in previous iterations, and is also super useful bc it multiplies the use of many (especially décor) opbjects by giving bigger and smaller options.

However, I feel you can customize more with CAST. Even a simple colour wheel would be so useful. TS4 has a habit of making sets that don't match with the majority of other sets in the game bc of mismatched swatches. There are applications that allow you to easily recolour things outside of the game, but of course in-game is ideal so I don't have to either plan my builds vigorously or just reload the game a thousand times to get things right.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,036 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago