Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Some Vet Tips and Observations.

When I play games I have a tendency to min/max, its a habit. So I thought I would share some of my observations about the vet career, maybe get some new information from the sims community as well.

So...here are some of the things I have found useful for making a profit and earning stars.

1.) Treats....treats...treats. Seriously this will be my first and my last recommendation to all fellow vet simmers. There are big earners for clinic. Specifically the age up or age down. You can use the others but I recommend only making one of the two and stocking a vending machine full. 20$ ish, and they sell for 300 at a 200% mark up. Its seriously great. My opinion is you should take an hour before and after to make treats. IF you really need money, take one day a week and make it treat day. Make only treats and stock up.

2.) Treats...just kidding, I have found that my lobby gets messy very fast. Not even a hyped up sim can get all those "puddles" up in a reasonable amount of time. A robot vacuum can help, specifically the 1000$ one. Even with the robot and staff it still gets extremely out of hand. I'm talking a 10x10 room just filled with messes in under 10 sim minutes. Maybe its a bug on my end but man these pets are messy.

3.) Trea....Train your employees. You might be saying "obviously what an unhelpful tip", but hear me out for a second. In Dine Out if you worked with your staff they would actually level themselves pretty easily (1-2 levels per 12 hour shift). It made no sense really past 5-6 to pay for training. Now with cats and dogs that knowledge isn't exactly accurate. I worked a 10 hour shift, and my employee gained no experience or levels, also she had 2 in every skill. Pretty remarkable. So pay for training it will be slow but it will be less slow than the alternative.

4.) Advertising is very weird. My current business is 3 stars, it barely gets any customers during the day without advertising. Gold package (not the even the max one) makes my lobby so backed up I'm occasionally losing stars on wait times. Its very useful. The catch 22 is that it gets busy real fast.

Some speculation of my end goal for my clinic. The limit is 3 employees, my hesitation with taking that many is their usefulness. They treat patients very slowly, even at level 6 vet skill. I am not sure if this clears up later. But they are teetering on barely worth it. If at 10 they knock out patients in an hour +/- 30 minutes I'd be happy with that. So once I get three employees and get them running their own stations effectively, I would like to stop treating patients all together with my sim and focus on.......treats.

Last thoughts on rating system and questions for the community here. How am I suppose to get 5 stars? I great every patient, I spend time tending to their pet socially, I have great environment boosts, I treat quickly and with no stress, provide music, my prices are the highest but I don't get docked for it. Even doing all this I'm lucky to get 4 stars, 3 is average for me. Sometimes I even get 2 stars because of all the messiness the pets create in the lobby, that I can't seem to get a handle on. I am not exactly sure how I'm suppose to boost myself to that 5 star rating. That all said I'm still making bank at 3500-4000 with one employee.

Hope it helps. If you have any tips to share or run a successful business, feel free to share!