Forum Discussion

ZHSinAgain
Seasoned Newcomer
9 days ago

Grim Reaper event rewards keep resetting

I've now restarted the Grim Reaper event multiple times on my PS5 ... and as much as I enjoy gardening in the Sims, planting lilies and snapdragons over and over again is starting to get a little old.

Why this is happening, I have no idea, but every time I save and leave the game, my event progress resets like I haven't done any of the tasks. My physical progress is still there, in that the points still show on the Grim Reaper event UI, I still have the reward items in my inventory, etc., but it's like it doesn't remember how I got there.

I've noticed that there's a lot of attention being paid to this issue on PC, and several bug fixes have even been found already. Is anyone working on this from the console end of things?

• I play on Mac and this has been happening to me too. Every single time I load up the game, the Grims challenge starts back at square 1. 

• I play on a laptop and today The system froze 3 times in 4 hours each time losing all progress, saved or not . It also keeps telling me I need to be online to collect my rewards and I was never offline EA kept kicking me off their site so I wasted 4 hours playing today because I literally made no progress, only kept getting frustrated. More bugs now than before.

• It's happening to me also. I just completed a few, stopped and restarted the game and have to redo it all over again. 

I play on a Mac Laptop. I have had to fufill my aspirations twice, I am running out. 

• My game won't load on  xbox since Week 2 of Grim Reaper! NOT a good way to sell the newest add-on 

• I’m on PS 5 and was able to finish week 1 of reaper rewards. Week 2 got stuck on friends with grim reaper. Even though my Sim is good friends with reaper, still didn’t register. Now in week 3 I have NO tasks or ambrosia news letter. I’ve deleted and reinstalled game and No change. I’m super frustrated as I’ve 100% in Sims 4 and All packs. Have put sooo much time and energy into this game and this is what I get? Think I’m going to be taking a break from Sims 4. This is UNACCEPTABLE!