Forum Discussion

katibell7
New Novice
2 months ago

July ‘24 Update & Lovestruck EP Issue

Updated my game on 7/23 per usual. I do NOT use mods or cc. My game loads and plays fine. I cannot access anything though.. aspiration, skills, relationships or needs..they won’t open. I also cannot save my game at all. CAS has no save option. I downloaded the new EP 7/25 hoping it would help the issue. Nope. I loaded a current game save and same issues and noted above. I tried staring a new game..cannot save AT ALL!! I am never one to complain or get upset over this but EA, come on!!! I played my game successfully 7/22. Your forced update and releasing an expansion pack after a failed update is not okay! Please assist us and get a patch out asap! Many of us have paid hundreds of dollars on this game. Thousands across decades on the franchise. Seriously!! 

10 Replies

Feetfoot22
    Seasoned Newcomer

I’m experiencing the same issues. My sims keep freezing now and then I can’t save the game, so I have to force quit. I don’t want to lose my whole game 

• As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see whether these issues are still present.

When you say CAS doesn't have a Save option, if you mean that you can't save while in CAS, that's normal.  If you can't exit CAS, that's not normal, but the clean folder may help.

katibell7
      New Novice

Hi! When I say “save” I meant I couldn’t click the check mark to start playing a new household. Like I created a sim but couldn’t begin to play them in game. Does that make sense? My whole game is broken. Patiently waiting for a patch. 

eritreas96
    Rising Newcomer

I am having the same issue, and I just tried the clean save file.  It did not work.

• I installed the new pack but I can't even use most of the features, I can't access the new world or use the new dating app. I've repaired my game at least a dozen time but I still can't even load the new world, I'm left with just a white screen and I'm only able to exit the game. I have no clue what to do so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• I had to take away my mods and CC for the game to actually work since the last update and it worked until today, since this evening I'm getting the same error : "Game failed to load, it is recommend to launch it again". I tried to repair the game a dozen of time, I did everything that was recommended, I'm still not managing to play. Like a lot of people here, I paid a lot of money on this game and now I can't even play with it. 

• An update was pushed through while playing last night and having the same error code. My character is stuck in a loop of a never loading Darby's Den. 

nocheesegromit
      Rising Novice

Same issue with Darby's Den! Does it say "incomplete" for you too?