Forum Discussion

MariahW20
New Novice
12 days ago

bb.moveobjects not working

Hello everyone. I've been having this problem for a while. I can't place objects freely or use the 9 and 0 keys to raise and lower objects. It started messing up before the update but fixed itself, then it stopped working again after the update and I can't get it to fix at all. I've tried clearing my cache, repairing the game, cleaning out my mods folders, removing mods, resting the cheat, turning it off exiting and coming back, I've tried it with testingcheats true on and with it off. This is the only cheat that isn't working. I know I'm doing the cheat correctly because I used to use it on every build. I can't think of anything else to try. If someone could help me get this fixed I would greatly appreciate it!

• Have you tried using ctrl +9?

For me it only works if I also press ctrl (and bb.moveobject on) 

Sketch793
    Seasoned Adventurer

Press and hold the ALT key to place objects freely, without snapping to the grid. This should work even with MoveObjects off. However, this will not stop objects from snapping to slots when they are placed over another object. If you're trying to place clutter on top of a dresser, counter, etc. I think the trick is to move the dresser out from under the clutter, adjust the clutter's position, and then move the dresser back underneath.

You might have a camera preset assigned to the number 9, and that takes precedence over raising objects. You can remove the camera preset by pressing Alt-9. 

I hope that helps. You might want to check the Creative Corner to get input from more experienced builders.

MariahW20
      New Novice

Thank you for the reply! I know I'm supposed to hold ALT but it doesn't work when I do. I've done so many builds with move objects so I know about the counter trick also. I'll give it a try without the cheat in and see if it works.

I'll also try the ALT-9 and checking out the creative corner. Thank you!

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

Have you tried using ctrl +9?

For me it only works if I also press ctrl (and bb.moveobject on) 

MariahW20
      New Novice

Thank you! I tried that and it worked. Now just gotta get objects to move freely 🙂