Forum Discussion

8 days ago

Game was Running Great, Until EA APP Updated

So, my game was running great, until I received a notice the EA App on my MacBook was updating. After that, my game wouldn’t load. I removed all the mods, tray files, and saves, and still the game is malfunctioning. I deleted both the EA App and the game. Downloaded the EA App and the base game again, and still the game is malfunctioning. It freezes, takes a lot of time to load. Tried repairing it, and the problems persist. If I force quit the game then try to open it again from the EA App, it won’t work. I press the play button, and nothing happens. It seems there is a software conflict between the new EA App and my MacBook. My MacBook is fully up to date and I have the newest version of the EA App. Just to be clear, these problems persist without mods, saves, or tray files; they persist after I repair the game, after I delete the electronic entertainment folder and everything inside, and after I deleted and redownloaded both the EA App and The Sims 4 base game. What is the problem?

• 29b8955e9bbbdd9b wrote:

So, my game was running great, until I received a notice the EA App on my MacBook was updating. After that, my game wouldn’t load. I removed all the mods, tray files, and saves, and still the game is malfunctioning. I deleted both the EA App and the game. Downloaded the EA App and the base game again, and still the game is malfunctioning. It freezes, takes a lot of time to load. Tried repairing it, and the problems persist. If I force quit the game then try to open it again from the EA App, it won’t work. I press the play button, and nothing happens. It seems there is a software conflict between the new EA App and my MacBook. My MacBook is fully up to date and I have the newest version of the EA App. Just to be clear, these problems persist without mods, saves, or tray files; they persist after I repair the game, after I delete the electronic entertainment folder and everything inside, and after I deleted and redownloaded both the EA App and The Sims 4 base game. What is the problem?

You need to try a whole new clean folder, not just remove a few folders you think may be causing the issue. Move or rename the whole Sims 4 folder then launch the game so a new one is created. Can you play?