Forum Discussion

24 days ago

I can't find the Games Hub.

I have tried to open on the EA app and the game tile jumps up and down and then won't open. My EA app says I need to update it in the 'Games Hub Menu' but I have no idea where that is? I've tried un-installing it, removing Mods out and it still won't work. I just want to play The Sims.

• jjvoi

Do you mean when you click play in EA App the game bounces in the Dock but never opens?

Can you post a screenshot of the update message you're seeing please referencing the "game hub"

jjvoi

Hi! Thanks so much for replying,

Yes I did mean that, I was struggling in putting it into words lol.
      I think it was one of the Custom Content or Mods I had downloaded so I've deleted them all and re-downloading ones I want

• Did you manage to update the game in EA App? If an update is available you should see it in the game tile in the Library.

• Hello! I am having the same problem and I'm hoping one of you guys can help me because I've tried everything at this point. Every time I click play on the sims through the EA app, it just doesn't open. I've tried rebooting my Mac, uninstalling and reinstalling the sims, taking out my mods folder, repairing the sims, repairing the sims with my mods folder in, and even trying to see if the Origin app will work instead, and each time, nothing, it just won't launch. I thought maybe it was my dads old Mac that was the problem, so I even bought a brand new Mac mini M2, and it has all the requirements on the sims forum, but still it won't launch. Sometimes when I try to launch it, it gives me an error message to go to the Games Hub and do something I can't remember but I can't even find the game hub to do anything. Did you ever figure out how to relaunch it?