Forum Discussion

Viikytoria91
New Novice
26 days ago

Game still crashing

My Sims 4 is still unplayable after patch update. I've waited a few weeks to play, as I use Mods.

I've updated all my mods and game was crashing, so I removed the mods, no change. Last night I was getting so sick of it, I even uninstalled the game (play via steam) copied my save and tray files to desktop and deleted all files.

I reinstalled and copied saves/ trays back in and game still crashed  Only places I've noticed it does it more is in build mode, I have no bar at bottom, Sims is glitchy when walking and if open phone to call, it crashes.

I've purchased the new expansion pack and not even been able to play it!!

Any ideas?

Thanks Viikytoria x

Mods: UI extension, MCCC, **bleep**, basemental alcohol, Childbirth mod, fairies, mermaid, unicorn and werewolf overhaul mods plus CC.

• Viikytoria91  Does the game crash with no mods or custom content at all?  If it does crash in one of your existing saves, does it crash in a new save too?  Please test both if you haven't already.

If the new save crashes with no mods or cc, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a post using the camera (Insert Media) icon with the other formatting buttons.

If the new save is fine, or your old saves are fine with zero mods or cc, then we can go in a different direction.

Viikytoria91
      New Novice

Thank you, I have just removed all mods, cc, trays and saves and seems okay. Is there a way to slowly insert stuff back to figure out what is causing the crash? I have 300 hours worth of lots and households I really don't want to lose haha.

• Viikytoria91  Tray files shouldn't cause any crashing, so you can add those back.  Try adding your saves too, and test one of them with no mods or cc present.  You don't need to save your progress.

For the mods and cc, some of your files might be incompatible with the current version of Sims 4 but not have updates yet.  Here's a list of what's known to be broken after the latest patch:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mods-CC-Issues/Broken-Obsolete-and-Updated-Sims-4-Mods-1-108-July-23-2024-Game/td-p/13891143

For anything not on that list, you'll need to test yourself.  The 50/50 method can make the process a lot more efficient:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Viikytoria91
      New Novice

Thank you, turns out it was my eyelash and some other body cc's causing the crashes! I have removed all these and now is working again. You are a lifesaver 😁