Forum Discussion

popcarn202
Newcomer
2 months ago

help!

ever since the pack release CAS has been extremely laggy for me. opening CAS from the main menu is almost unplayable, menaing it is near impossible for me to start a new save, and opening cas from live mode or manage worlds crashes my game. I do have a pretty bad computer, so if that's the entire issue I would understand, but everything worked perfectly fine before the pack released so I'm finding these sudden problems strange. I probably should have made a post earlier but I didn't so I'm doing it now.

I bought the game from steam, all of my packs are from steam except Fashion Street Kit, Horse Ranch, Jungle Adventure, Luxury Party, Outdoor Retreat, Romantic Garden, Snowy Escape, and Toddler Stuff which all say they are managed with the EA app but I know some are from the one bundle from Epic Games. I have EP01, EP02, EP03, EP04, EP05, EP06, EP07, EP08, EP09, EP10, EP11, EP12, EP13, EP14, EP15, EP16, GP01, GP02, GP03, GP04, GP05, GP06, GP07, GP08, GP10, GP11, GP12, SP01, SP02, SP06, SP07, SP09, SP12, SP13, SP14, SP16, SP17, SP18, SP46, SP49, SP25, SP29, SP33, SP35, SP36, SP37, SP39, SP40, SP41, SP43, SP45, SP47, SP26, SP34, SP38, SP42, and SP44.

• As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other user content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to this new folder yet; just start a new save and let me know how CAS behaves.

If you still see lag, at least more than usual, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) button along with the other formatting options.