Forum Discussion

sillygnomes
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Infinite Loading

is anyone else having issues with their game infinitely loading after the new love struck patch? my game is completely unplayable — at first, my cas wouldn’t load and it turned out to be a mod causing the issue so i updated it and it fixed the problem

but when i loaded up a save, it just sat and loaded and loaded and never loaded so i took out every single mod and did an entirely new save and even THATS not loading and infinitely loading 

i’m seriously sick of every update being just a game breaker — i can’t even start a new save, because i manage to exit cas, choose a lot and then get stuck on infinite loading when trying to start in the world , it’s crazy 

• As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If that doesn't help, please list the platform you play on (Windows or macOS), and let me know whether OneDrive or iCloudDrive, respectively, is enabled.

• Could you maybe disclose what mod it was, please? I have the same problem and already deleted some (potentially) broken mods, but still can't access CAS. Maybe there is still a broken mod that is not yet on the Scarlet's Realm broken mods list.