Forum Discussion

Kornelia15444
Seasoned Newcomer
2 days ago

Problem with loading my save after the update:

I have an issue where, after the recent update, I’m unable to load my main save. The loading screen keeps going endlessly, and the game doesn’t actually load. I’ve tried turning off mods, repairing the game through Origin, and other basic fixes, but nothing has worked. However, when I start a new game, everything loads fine, and I can play without any issues.(I don't have the features of the parcel)

I’d really like to continue playing my old save instead of starting a new game. Has anyone else encountered this issue or found a solution? Any help would be appreciated!

coastalsweetie
    Seasoned Newcomer

I understand the frustration..I don’t have that trait either and have been running into the same issue for two weeks now. I’ve honestly done most of these fixes myself except change back to DX9. I noticed I couldn’t go into any of my lots in Brindleton Bay after the last patch. I could go into build mode and save progress just fine, then I tried playing my in my sims current lot and couldn’t because of the never ending loading screen forced me to quit loosing progress . Oct 1st I was able to launch my game move my sims back into the lot everything was running smooth, had to quit my game saved progress than later that evening had the same infinite loading screen and haven’t played since. I’m hoping this is a bug and EA is working to fix this real soon. 

Kornelia15444
      Seasoned Newcomer

I even have the same problem after going into the old record:(

Sketch793
    Seasoned Hotshot

Lots of people have had problems with loading screens. One possible cause is the Off The Grid lot trait/challenge. I think the recommended workaround, if that's the cause, is to open the lot from the world view using Build mode and remove the lot trait. To do this, you'll have to use Load Game rather than Resume Game.

For other possible causes, see the master thread at EA Answers. [MASTER THREAD] Crashing and Endless Loading

• Recovering my save is the only thing thats helped but mine was a brand new save to begin with, they just break this game more and more every day 

• Kornelia15444  Can you load the house in Build mode?  (Use Load Game rather than Resume.)  Can you load your sims if they're on a different, default EA lot?  What about if you create a new sim and put them on the old lot?  You don't need to save your progress; this is all just testing.  And please continue to test with no mods or cc, as in, move the Mods folder to the desktop.

Please also go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and delete any lastexception files you see.  If you encounter endless loading again, look for a new LE file and upload it here.  You can attach it to a reply here if you delete the first line of the file.

coastalsweetie  The above applies to you as well, so please try all of it and let me know what you find.

• I’m having very similar issue. I’ve been going crazy, trying everything to fix it. I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I’m thinking it’s to do with the recent update as mine started during the last two weeks. If it is, hopefully they fix asap.

• brittonycollins  If your lot has the Off the Grid challenge, please remove it.  You can do so in Build mode: choose Load Game rather than Resume, click the lot, and choose Build mode rather than Play.

Otherwise, move the sims to a different, EA-made lot (nothing from the Gallery) and try to load them there.  You don't need to save your progress; this is just for testing.

simsfeest
    Rising Newcomer

I've had the exact same issue for the past few weeks. I've tried everything I could think of to fix it (removing mods/cc, repairing the game, creating a new EA folder, change my processor settings, update my PC, change my sims4 settings), but nothing has worked. I tried creating a new save file but after playing that two or three times the same thing keeps happening.

I really hope someone knows how to fix it because I can't play at all :(

• Kornelia15444  When you say you tried to delete the lastexception but it doesn't work, what do you mean?  Do you not see a new LE at all, or can you not delete the file, or something else?  The point of deleting this file is not to fix anything; it's to let the game generate a fresh file that you can then upload for us to look at here.

Additionally, when you say you can't edit the lot, do you mean the game crashes or loads forever, or something else?

simsfeest  Are you using the Off the Grid challenge?  If so, please remove it, which you can do in Build mode.  Choose Load Game rather than Resume.

Aside from that, please provide a fresh lastexception, as described above and in an earlier post.